First drive of 2019

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward

pauluspaolo
RSSOC Member

First drive of 2019

Post by pauluspaolo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:28 am

The weather's been decent the last couple of days so I decided to chance it today & drive the SS1 the 9 (or so) miles into work.

No significant problems to report & the car drove nicely. My daily driver is a 2007 Suzuki Swift Sport which is one of the most firmly sprung cars I've ever driven. Before that I had a Focus & used to think the SS1 had a firm ride in comparison, now I think the SS1 is softly sprung & comfortable compared to the Suzuki (which is great fun to drive but not the most relaxing of cars). The rear view mirror on the SS1 had fallen off - it does this routinely when parked up in the garage but fortunately never whilst on the move - so I had to reattach that before setting off & when I switch the ignition on there are no warning lights on the dash. The full beam & indicator lights on the dash work fine so some electrickery must be getting through. The lack of warning lights was mentioned in the last MOT (though I'm not sure if it was an actual advisory or not) so I really need to try & get it sorted.

All in all a nice relaxing trouble free drive in :)

Rattling
RSSOC Member

First drive of 2019

Post by Rattling » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:04 pm

''Tis the season to take em for a drive " :D well done

Colin

1800 Ti

manny
RSSOC Member

First drive of 2019

Post by manny » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Yep - i had the top down last two days as well - :) and only one seat at the moment - got to say i am enjoying the extra space

Return to “SS1/SST/Sabre”