new member from Germany - searching for VIN

For other car-related discussions not covered in other sections.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

Karsten

Post by Karsten » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:01 am

Hallo, my name is Karsten. I live in the near of Berlin.
In 2015 I have visited a friend in Lincolnshire. His neighbour had have an Reliant Robin, which now is mine. :D Now I try to get a German license for the Robin Mk. II

I have made many little or bigger repairs. And had some fights with rusty screws and bolts. ;) Now it seems to be an good little Reliant Robin again.

But I have a problem, for the German legalization. I need the location of the VIN on the chassis or frame. I have searched around for many hours, but I couldn't find the VIN on the chassis.
Maybe anyone of this forum can help me to find the location of the VIN? This would be great.

Thanks a lot,
Karsten

derekoss

Post by derekoss » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi, try W of R for help with the smaller Reliants. Huge amount of epertise and help there.

http://www.world-of-reliant.org.uk

Derek

Alan SS1

Post by Alan SS1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:16 pm

what year (approx)?
chassis numbers on some were stamped on the bracket that INNER seat-belts mount onto, next to transmission tunnel , this is from VERY hazy memory (1976/77 approx age Robin van) this was stamped on the chassis and then when body added number was 'not easily visible' or 'only just'

SS1 1600 (AJZ ----), Regal 330 (VAV ---), C30 (SK 57 ---)& 480 (EVU ---)

Return to “Other Car Chat”