toomanysabres wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:38 am
After consulting oracles far and wide (well at least the other side of the Dartford tunnel) I have the foolproof way and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.
Its the answer to life, the universe and everything about fixing the rear cylinders.
Refer to the diagram in either book its the same drawing (mine is the RSSOC Autobooks fig 11:3 p 110)
Assemble in the following order.
1) Insert cylinder 6 on its own into the backplate.
2) Slide on U clip 13 direction as shown in the manual.
3) Slide on U clip 11 BUT IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO THE MANUAL (ie same as 13) with the curved side towards the backplate.
The cylinder is now a sloppy fit in the backplate.
4) Insert handbrake lever 9 there will be enough clearance to fiddle it into place in its pocket and trapped between cylinder and backplate.
5) Insert flat clip 12 between 11 & 13 ALSO IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO THE MANUAL and get the notches locked into the tips of the adjacent clip.
6) Fit the rubber boot 10 ensuring a snug fit of the thin sides around the clip.
7) Go and have a cup of tea/beer. Simples innit.