Mail problems

Problems logging in or posting pictures?
Can't register?
Not received your activation email?

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

Terry H

Mail problems

Post by Terry H » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 am

Hi All,
For quite a few months now I've been getting 15 - 20 mails via RSS Feed, some times a few more, on a daily basis, which is fine, I have no problem with that.
Every week I get a block of 160 - 200 mails via the same RSS Feed dating back 2 weeks to a month, this morning I just had one load of 198 mails which I deleted followed by another 102 which I also deleted. Some postings I've made which have been replied to I only get to know about by going to the site. I find trying to follow a thread very confusing with this going on. Can anyone shed any light on what may be going on.
Regards Terry H

erikscimitardemon
RSSOC Member

Post by erikscimitardemon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Terry,

Please have a look at this topic about a similar problem.
It seems the server may have moved. So all messages look like 'new'.

Erik Hofman
http://www.scimitar.demon.nl

Scimitarweb Webteam / Forum Administrator

Terry H

Post by Terry H » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi Eric,
I dont have a problem login on to the site as did Roger. My problem is getting what would appear to be a digest of 100 - 250 mails every week/fortnight along with mails I recieve on a daily basis. I reset the RSS Feed a few months ago when I started using this newley made computer. How long ago was the server changed and how do I start again. I've tried deleting the RSS Feed but it seems to keep renewing itself.
I've had to visit the site to read your response as it hasn't been forwarded to me yet. The last time this happened I'd posted a GTE sighting for the attention of Jim but never recieved a reply.
Regards Terry H

Return to “Forum Issues & News”