Yellow 5a in Cambridge

Seen a Scimitar somewhere? Looking for a long lost Scimitar or Sabre? This is the place.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon

GTC Ian
RSSOC Member

Yellow 5a in Cambridge

Post by GTC Ian » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Saw a yellow 5a on Huntingdon Road at about 4-30 today going towards City centre. N reg but that is all I saw . Havent seen one in Cambridge for years.

White GTC no 91 (Now getting the TLC it justly deserves)
Personal mechanic to Barbara's SS1
Previous SE5a JKG 236N (R.I.P)
Members since 1984

Lysander

Yellow 5a in Cambridge

Post by Lysander » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:59 pm

How interesting - would have been around that area around the same time in my 5A (but cygnet grey with vinyl roof).
If you ever feel like getting together for a drive Ian, just let me know - I am just off Mill Road by the station with mine!

ScimiTom
RSSOC Member

Yellow 5a in Cambridge

Post by ScimiTom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:11 pm

I remember a very nice N-reg yellow 5a up here in Glasgow which went somewhere down south a few years ago - can't remember exactly where though.

Lysander, you must be very near to where I lived as a student - Sedgwick Street, on the other side of Mill Road. Before that I was in St Andrews (where I believe you used to be!). Must get together with our Scims sometime! 8)

Tom

Current: 'Boffin' (1971 SE5a)
Previous: 'Sunshine' (1980 SE6b)

Lysander

Yellow 5a in Cambridge

Post by Lysander » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Tom, how amazing - indeed I was in St Andrews before this, and now a PhD in Cambridge (lived on Kingston street, and now just off Devonshire). And the SE5a still the faithful and ever-accommodating daily driver it was in Scotland.
I will be back in Scotland for a visit within the month, in case we can catch some of the famed east-coast Indian summer 8) Would absolutely love to get together with the cars some time!

Lenni

GTC Ian
RSSOC Member

Yellow 5a in Cambridge

Post by GTC Ian » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:08 am

Lysander wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:59 pm
How interesting - would have been around that area around the same time in my 5A (but cygnet grey with vinyl roof).
If you ever feel like getting together for a drive Ian, just let me know - I am just off Mill Road by the station with mine!
I might just hold you to that

White GTC no 91 (Now getting the TLC it justly deserves)
Personal mechanic to Barbara's SS1
Previous SE5a JKG 236N (R.I.P)
Members since 1984

Return to “Scimitar Sightings/Have you seen..?”