Thinking of joining the club?

For New Members to introduce themselves and their cars.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon

polly

Re: Thinking of joining the club?

Post by polly » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:22 pm

ScimitarMatt wrote:Thinking of joining the club?

As a new form user we thought we'd take this opportunity to introduce you to the huge range of benefits that being a member of the RSSOC brings you

Your £40 (ish) pounds spent on club membership buys you this:

You can also come along to one of the local monthly meetings (known as noggins) where you will meet a group of like minded enthusiasts who can offer knowledge, spares and sometimes even a spare pair of hands when you need them most to finish your new Scimitar restoration, in addition to this, newcomers who join at one of these Noggin nights will be welcomed by an offer of discounted membership if you join through a noggin (we'll not charge the one off joining fee, can't say fairer than that)

So come along and join this wonderfully helpful and friendly club and see for yourself just what good value you get from being part of the Reliant Sabre & Scimitar Owners Club
hi, can i get this discount even though there are no local nogins?? :twisted:
cheers steve.

RichardKC6

Post by RichardKC6 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:52 pm

I'm not thinking about it, I AM joining, just need to wait until my last invoices were paid! Even as a non member the help and support from this forum, and the welcome, has been incredible. Makes me want to stick with Scimitar ownership.

2008 Citroën C6 (C6 RTK) and '93 Jeep Cherokee 4.0
SS1 gone, but not forgotten - next year ;)
133 cars in 18 years and thinking it's got to stop sometime, right? Please?

swoakes
RSSOC Member

Post by swoakes » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:14 pm

I agree. I think I will own a Scimitar of some sort forever. The cars are great (but not perfect :wink: ) and the owners and club are first class. Get yourself to Curborough next weekend :!: Steve

Steve Oakes
SS1 DET Sprint Car

Former cars
SS1 DET Turbo sprint Project
Sabre Ti
SS1 Ti
1971 Yellow 5a
1985 SS1 1600
1978 Green/Silver 6a

"Fail to prepare and you are preparing to fail."
Benjamin Franklin

polly

Post by polly » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:32 pm

no problem will deff be there
cheers steve.

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Those joining the club at Curborough will not have to pay the one off joining fee of a fiver, essentially, this saving pays for your advanced entry ticket to Curborough, bargain!! :lol:

http://www.scimitargt.co.uk
RSSOC Coupe Registrar & Press Officer
coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

'64 SE4, '70 SE4b,'75 SE5a, & Yvonnes SS1 Ti

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:32 pm

JoeySully wrote:Right I've paid my dues ;) but when do I get my membership number ? I guess it comes in the post... any way to get it quicker :D ? i've run out of reading material and the WiKi section is calling to mee :D
I still haven't received my registration letter/number after it was suppose to be sent July 26th.
I sent an email to subscriptions@rssoc.co.uk on Monday and didn't get any reply yet.
Is John Unwin on holidays?

Cheers Joe

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:15 am

Sorry, Joe - forgot to reply to this one...John is on hols until Monday 23rd - http://www.scimitarweb.co.uk/sgwrs/view ... f=1&t=6884

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
SS1 Racer
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:21 am

I have updated my profile with my membership number. I still cant access the Wiki though
Is there something that needs to be updated for me?

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:28 am

Just done it, Joe....

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 Racer
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:47 pm

great thanks Phil

lots of reading for me to do now :D

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Received my Registration letter today as well as the latest slice. It was nice to get the previous slice with the registration letter - I wasn't expecting that :).

Glad the RSSOC sticker is not a "sticky" too I hate sticking things to my windows that wont come off.

Ohh and some tax disk holders are a nice touch too - don't think I'll use them though because we have insurance disk on the windscreen too over here so already have a nice black one. They are up for grabs if anyone wants them. :wink:

Cheers Joe

SteveyC

Post by SteveyC » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Hmph, I did't get a tax disk holder :-(

'76 SE6a manual overdrive and '78 SE6a awaiting reinstatement.

Previous - Fiesta4609000Accord80PrimeraMondeo825306FeliciaLegacy9008209-5100NXLegacyMetroSuburban900amongothers - touchesofbrillianceinterspersedwithuttercr4p

SilverComet

Post by SilverComet » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:45 am

Being a family member prior to owning (and thus insuring) I get a few of the perks without membership (like knowing members etc).

We got discussing as I'm going to ring up F&J on Tuesday for an insurance quote, then talked about alarms and dad suggested members area might have good suggestions on these things. I also feel that having gotten a lot of help from the club through the forum, shows & friends, it was about time to fork over some money to the club.

We thought, there's a spouse discount/inclussion, is there such a thing in place for offspring? I apologise if it's a cheeky (it probably is!) question. I only ask as it seems a bit silly getting a second slice/slicemart sent to the same address, which will be the case for the next few years. I know a lot of the GTE owner's sons/daughters have their own Scimitars now, so figured there might already be a system in place we didn't know about.

I'm quite happy to pay full price, as I've grown up with the club, but figured it a worth while question to ask for other people also?

Apologies if this is addressed somewhere also

Ben (1975 SE5a used for wedding). Son of Andy Faulkner (SE6a & Coupe), brother to Daniel Faulkner (SS1 & Equip GT4s), Wonder where I get the reliant bug from...

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:00 am

Originally, it was family membership (theroretically if all at the same address), but the club found most offspring preferred their own membership anyway so it was changed to Joint. I was one of these - my Dad was a member first, then I joined myself whilst still at the same address although I didn't need to. Only exception is if sprinting - your name (I think) needs to be on your membership card (as an MSA affiliated club).

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 Racer

steve bryant

Post by steve bryant » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:24 pm

its taken a while and its been done a very, very round about way but at last my name is now in bright blue.i shall now refer to it as "members blue". many thanks to the guys involved, now lets see whats behind the curtains of privacy. 8) 8)

Return to “Introductions”