SE5a for Sale

Cars For Sale

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Terry Rickard

kevincooper
RSSOC Member

SE5a for Sale

Post by kevincooper » Fri May 10, 2019 6:17 pm

I have been contacted by a gentleman who is assisting a friend in selling his SE5a, details and contact information below.

The car is located near Maldon in Essex, The prior owner who has sadly passed away, only that I am around classic cars, owning one or two myself and have been approached by the deceased’s sister as a friend to ask for help.

In better times, this was the car in the first attached photo. The second shows its present state. I have some data in a file binder. This shows it was last MOT’d in March 2014, showing 80885 miles. It passed with one advisory on a track rod end ball joint having play. I have no knowledge of what work was done, if any, since then. However, on a quick inspection, the car is better than I had thought. It had a new leather interior fitted at some point apparently at a cost of £2500. This was for seats, door panels, headling, carpets, dash repairs console, etc. There is an estimate for this in the file with a deposit paid, undated but cannot be too long ago since it remains in excellent condition. The body appears sound, paint not too bad and will mostly polish back in my opinion (although of course not to Concours standard). There is a paint repair required to the top of one wing. Chassis appears sound. Wheels were removed and are stored separately.

It is a 1972 car. I cannot state if the colour is original, I suspect not. It is presently showing on SORN. There is limited documentation on the file and no invoices for service or repair work other than the interior as above. There are a number of spares which have recently been stored inside the vehicle. I cannot speak to their correctness or condition.

The contact is Ian Dewsnap, mobile 07501 485307
Attachments
IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1279.JPG (132.23 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1258.JPG (224.16 KiB) Viewed 1154 times

Kevin Cooper
Chairman
Insurance Valuations Officer
DVLA Liaison Officer
GTC
SE5a sprint car - Blue Dragon
SE5a waiting for restoration (Little Red Devil - Reg 666L)

Will Anderson
RSSOC Member

SE5a for Sale

Post by Will Anderson » Fri May 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Difficult to say from the photos but is it not Capricorn Blue in colour - which would be original.
GLWTS.

Will Anderson - RSSOC 4230 & Middlebridge Registrar
SE5a 1972, P.O. SE5a 1973 GOL 535L;
Middlebridge 14 & 42, P.O. Middlebridge 46 & 67

Elizabeth's dad
RSSOC Member

SE5a for Sale

Post by Elizabeth's dad » Fri May 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi
The car isn't on the Club's register, could you send me the chassis number please?

Jim

Membership No. 1779
SE5/5a Registrar

kevincooper
RSSOC Member

SE5a for Sale

Post by kevincooper » Sun May 12, 2019 7:57 am

Hi Jim

I do not have any further details, I suggest you contact Ian Dewsnap

Kind regards

Kevin

Kevin Cooper
Chairman
Insurance Valuations Officer
DVLA Liaison Officer
GTC
SE5a sprint car - Blue Dragon
SE5a waiting for restoration (Little Red Devil - Reg 666L)

Return to “Cars For Sale”