Rear side vent grills.

Discuss and exchange views and technical information about our cars.

Moderators: scimjim, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward, Lukeyboy46

Oddjobber23

Rear side vent grills.

Post by Oddjobber23 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:33 am

Hello, I recently acquired a beautiful Sreg SE6a and have found most of the parts needed to have come with the motor, however there are two definite missing parts and I am in need of help. The two rear side vent grills that meet up with the edges of the rear light clusters are both AWOL, and what I am wondering is if the vents from other models would fit my SE6a as I am having absolutely no luck finding SE6a specific grills.
Many thanks in advance, Alan

Geraint SabreGTCse5
RSSOC Member

Rear side vent grills.

Post by Geraint SabreGTCse5 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:20 am

good morning and welcome......when you mention other models it was the se6 range that had them fitted, early se6 had red reflectors and the slots in the grills were longer se6a se6b had amber reflectors. If yours is a 6a it would have had amber reflectors, secondhand ones do turn up now and again and if carefully removed they even have all the holes present in the plastic, if the holes are damaged flanged screws can be used to hide and hold. I have an amber very good spare set I could sell, all holes good. if interested PM me, see below for a pic good luck with your search.
Attachments
P1030106.JPG
P1030106.JPG (356.99 KiB) Viewed 205 times

Geraint

Sabre ti, se5, GTC, 6b.......

Better to be late in this life than early in the next!

Oddjobber23

Rear side vent grills.

Post by Oddjobber23 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 am

Hello Geraint, thank you for the reply. It was very informative, thank you I am very interested, or should I say I am interested if my bank manager says I am and she always has the final word. I have recently bought all the electrics under the bonnet plus the boot glass and window chrome and door and bootlid seals so she does have the final word but I would dearly like to get a decent pair as mine are missing.
Best regards, Alan

Oddjobber23

Rear side vent grills.

Post by Oddjobber23 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Hello Geraint, I was wondering if you had been able to work out the price you are wanting for the vent grills with reflectors for an Se6a mentioned in a previous post. The problem I have is that I am playing catch-up because the previous owner decided that the quickest way to get her on the road was to rip out the interior, including all the electrics, and then find that it is not like doing a Renault Clio, either financially, availability of parts or even the basics of finding out what goes where.
The good thing that I have is I can wait for just the right part to turn up, time is a commodity I have plenty of.
Best regards, Alan

Geraint SabreGTCse5
RSSOC Member

Rear side vent grills.

Post by Geraint SabreGTCse5 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 pm

hi Alan
Check your private messages (PM) I sent one soon after I saw your reply.

regards

Geraint

Sabre ti, se5, GTC, 6b.......

Better to be late in this life than early in the next!

Oddjobber23

Rear side vent grills.

Post by Oddjobber23 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:21 pm

Sorry, I did not realise. I have just been on my private messages but I am obviously so dense because I can see no message there at all. I am probably doing something wrong or I am not doing something I should be.
Such is life, there is always something there to go wrong whenever things seem to be going so right.
Alan

Return to “General Technical Discussion”