Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, nickkeyser

User avatar
MikeyBikey
Posts: 5850
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 pm
Location: Sunny Falmouth. :)
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by MikeyBikey » Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Well done. My favourite circuit by far. The cars looks great, especially the red estate :lol: :lol:


Is we sideways yet...

User avatar
scimjim
RSSOC Member
Posts: 37704
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:08 pm
Location: Gloucester
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 967 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by scimjim » Thu May 09, 2019 9:57 pm

CNHSS1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:27 pm
What's wrong with number plate removal.in RG? Is it against BB? Genuine question as I dint know. Ideal.place as you hide the extra strut mounting holes which are nicely hidden when the plates refitted
RG (and the new standard class):

11.2. Cars must compete in an event in a road legal condition

IIRC Ferrari championship run with Pirelli number plates fitted as they sponsor them? I’ve never been picked up for running my plates reversed with SCIMITAR on?
AF8045BC-1F1E-4223-94D3-9D0EF2B8BD08.png
AF8045BC-1F1E-4223-94D3-9D0EF2B8BD08.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 707 times


Jim King

SECURE DRY STORAGE FOR YOUR SCIMITAR

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), 1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

Benc
RSSOC Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by Benc » Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Agreed Mike it is a great circuit. I went fairly well knocking 4 + seconds off last years times both days so was happy with that. Car worked well looking at the pictures (well done Tom) need to sort the body roll....

Please include me on the pictures email Steve.

Cheers chaps see you at a sprint soon Harewood and 3 sisters next up.



Benc
RSSOC Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by Benc » Thu May 09, 2019 10:04 pm

CNHSS1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:27 pm
What's wrong with number plate removal.in RG? Is it against BB? Genuine question as I dint know. Ideal.place as you hide the extra strut mounting holes which are nicely hidden when the plates refitted
Protest Corky would = 25 points for Ben.....🤔



User avatar
CNHSS1
Posts: 14265
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 279 times
Contact:

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by CNHSS1 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:08 pm

scimjim wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:57 pm
CNHSS1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:27 pm
What's wrong with number plate removal.in RG? Is it against BB? Genuine question as I dint know. Ideal.place as you hide the extra strut mounting holes which are nicely hidden when the plates refitted
RG (and the new standard class):

11.2. Cars must compete in an event in a road legal condition

IIRC Ferrari championship run with Pirelli number plates fitted as they sponsor them? I’ve never been picked up for running my plates reversed with SCIMITAR on?
Yeah I never got pulled when we ran MOT, tax and insurance in SuperMod back in the day, cars genuinely were road legal and yet I never had plates on when competing


Racing is life, everything before and after, is just waiting--Steve McQueen
6 time Class Champ, 2006 & 2014 SSSC Champion

RIP Batmobile, await the Rise of Dark Knight 8)
Sabre 'Light Sabre' 360hp!!
Image

User avatar
Corky
RSSOC Member
Posts: 11139
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Macclesfield
Has thanked: 233 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by Corky » Thu May 09, 2019 11:36 pm

I've sent a link for the photos to Nick, Steve, Ben, Peter and Brian.


Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti RG sprint car, Honda S2000, VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

User avatar
Corky
RSSOC Member
Posts: 11139
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Macclesfield
Has thanked: 233 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by Corky » Fri May 10, 2019 3:04 pm

I received my Class Trophy through the post today. 3rd out of 7 entrants in the over 2lts 2&4 seater Sports cars. This is awarded for scratch times, nothing to do with handicap. I was slaughtered by an Audi TTS Quattro thingy (unsurprisingly) and got tantalisingly close to a Nissan 350Z, but managed to nip in front of a BMW Z3 to steal 3rd place.

I assume it's Brian that sent the Trophy on? Cheers Brian, much appreciated.


Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti RG sprint car, Honda S2000, VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

Benc
RSSOC Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by Benc » Fri May 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Congrats Steve on the trophy and cheers to Tom for the pictures. 8)



b.c.flat hat
RSSOC Member
Posts: 2133
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Location: St. Martins, Oswestry.
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by b.c.flat hat » Fri May 10, 2019 9:12 pm

Corky wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:04 pm
I received my Class Trophy through the post today. 3rd out of 7 entrants in the over 2lts 2&4 seater Sports cars. This is awarded for scratch times, nothing to do with handicap. I was slaughtered by an Audi TTS Quattro thingy (unsurprisingly) and got tantalisingly close to a Nissan 350Z, but managed to nip in front of a BMW Z3 to steal 3rd place.

I assume it's Brian that sent the Trophy on? Cheers Brian, much appreciated.
Not me, mate. Offered to take it and pass it to yer next time we met but they were happy t' post it. I wouldn't ' ave pinched it, onist!



User avatar
Nick
Posts: 2970
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: Redditch
Been thanked: 59 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by Nick » Sun May 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Did anyone get any results?


Nick

MR2 and Beemer 3 series, currently no Scim!
Six times SSSC Class Winner
Not over the hill, just going up it faster !

User avatar
swoakes
RSSOC Member
Posts: 6920
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:23 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Ty-Croes 4/5 May 2019

Post by swoakes » Sun May 19, 2019 4:38 pm

Nick wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:25 pm
Did anyone get any results?
No we didn't but someone posted a link in the thread


Steve Oakes
SS1 DET Sprint Car

Former cars
SS1 DET Turbo sprint Project
Sabre Ti
SS1 Ti
1971 Yellow 5a
1985 SS1 1600
1978 Green/Silver 6a

Image
"Fail to prepare and you are preparing to fail."
Benjamin Franklin

Post Reply

Return to “Events”