2.9efi thermostat & gasket

Topics related solely to the Middlebridge Scimitars

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

simmit

2.9efi thermostat & gasket

Post by simmit » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Preparing to remove thermostat housing and wanting to have correct thermostat (if needed) and gasket to to hand for reassembly.
For the 2.9EFI engine I'm finding thermostats of various temperatures being recommended (84C, 88C?) and am unsure about gasket type required as illustrations seem ambiguous (rubber seal or traditional gasket?).
Grateful for advice on temp. and gasket type please.

ScimmyMike
RSSOC Member

Re: 2.9efi thermostat & gasket

Post by ScimmyMike » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:17 pm

If the same as the 2.8 cologne which I'd suspect it would be heads aside then there are both rubber ring type, square in section as well as the traditional gasket, as for temp sorry couldn't really comment on the 2.9 as may differ from the 2.9, speak to Greeny as he has a 2.9 in his GTC

SE4c rebuilding. SE5a similar it seems!
SAAB C900 2 door
Scimitar SE4 SE4c SE5 SE6b Austin A35

High Peak Noggin Secretary & general dogsbody

www.high peak noggin

If you can see the tree before you hit it that's understeer
if you only feel the tree as you hit it that's oversteer

simmit

Re: 2.9efi thermostat & gasket

Post by simmit » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:38 am

ScimmyMike wrote:If the same as the 2.8 cologne which I'd suspect it would be heads aside then there are both rubber ring type, square in section as well as the traditional gasket, as for temp sorry couldn't really comment on the 2.9 as may differ from the 2.9, speak to Greeny as he has a 2.9 in his GTC
Thanks. It seems 2.8 and 2.9efi are different. Have now discovered 2.9 has round section seal (not square) with slit along inside circumference to accept thermostat plate and does not have additional gasket. Thermostat temp. is generally given as 88C.

Return to “Middlebridge”