Bond Equipe GT4S.

For other car-related discussions not covered in other sections.

Moderators: scimjim, erikscimitardemon, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, Terry Rickard

Re: Bond Equipe GT4S.

Postby scimjim » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Brilliant! I've seen plenty of twisted wire bodges but never on an unfused permenant live of that dia :-)
Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), 1600 SS1 (G97), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: SE6a (Katrina), 1400EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick), 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), TI SS1 (snotty), 1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS
scimjim
RSSOC Member

Postby SRF » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:19 pm

After a marathon I have finally got a piece of glass to replace the one I broke. Autoglaze in Wimborne Dorset came up trumps. They made and delivered a one off piece made to a paper template. Not cheap at £76. 72 delivered,but in the circumstnaces worth every penny. This is a decent friendly company and Cliff and Julian went the extra mile to help.
Ray

Reliant Scimitar SE5 1971. Already restored Sunbeam Rapier,Morris Minor,Rover P4, and Triumph Vitesse. I have also restored 8 classic tractors over the past 18 years. My latest project is a Bond Equipe GT4s
SRF

Postby Roger Pennington » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Well done Ray, glad you've got it sorted and can make progress again. It must have been a very anxious wait, waiting for it to be delivered!
....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye
Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Postby SRF » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 pm

A long overdue update. I spent what time I had in the winter sorting out the wiring behind the dash. All the wires now have bullet connectors and everything is ready to replace the dash when I am ready. I have cut out and then welded repair sections into the skins of both doors. A considerable amount of time has been spent filling and sanding the doors to get them as flat as I could. I want to paint them outside but need a few dry days to do it. I have started on the bonnet. I didn't realise how bad it was until I started. It is big and difficult to move around. I have removed the inner metal frame and braced it with timber. The mudguards are metal and are in four pieces. I have drilled out the rivets and painted them separately. The inside of the bonnet is rough fibreglass so I have given it several coats of stone chip. It looks better and I think I will line it with heat reflective sheet. If. I could just get some settled decent weather the painting shouldn't take too long. We have treated ourselves to a new summer house. I can keep a better eye on my wife from the garage. I haven't told her yet that she will have some freshly painted panels for company soon!!!!!!!!!!!.
Ray

Reliant Scimitar SE5 1971. Already restored Sunbeam Rapier,Morris Minor,Rover P4, and Triumph Vitesse. I have also restored 8 classic tractors over the past 18 years. My latest project is a Bond Equipe GT4s
SRF

Postby Scimher » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:51 am

...The summer house is a great idea. Glad to hear the Bond is progressing...
Scimher

Postby roymck » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:29 am

Love these Bonds , been looking for a GT4 that's the single headlight early model for over a year , do you think I have found one for sale yet. NO , oh well will keep looking.
roymck
RSSOC Member

Postby toomanysabres » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:07 am

Just read the bit about glass. I had a door glass for my Sabre copied from a borrowed one at Leatherhead Glass. Cost about £45.
Now: '62 Sabre 4, '63 Sabre Six, '65 SE4, '00 BMW E38 740i sport.
Prev: '53 ZephyrZodiac, '64 Sabra GT, '68 Elan S3SE, Mk3 Cortina 2000GXL, Mk4 Cortina 2000 Est, 3 SE6a's, 2 SE5a, SE4a Turbo, 1800Ti.
Company: Cav SRi, Cav SRi 130, Honda Concerto 1.6 (yuk)
toomanysabres

Postby SRF » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 pm

I think I have found why the PO gave up the restoration. He had done repairs to the windscreen frame but got the rake angle wrong. Even though I had trial fitted the passenger door, prior to painting it was a nightmare to get it to fit right. I will have to repaint the areas I have made alterations. If the drivers door fits ok I can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel. All the electrics are done. I had to replace both temp and fuel gauges, including a new tank sender. I have also rebuilt the alternator. I just have the reversing lights to connect. I find if I have a wiring fault I can't trace. I just run a new wire alongside the loom. Not concourse bit I don't care.
Ray

SRF

Previous

Return to Other Car Chat