Sabre Sabra moulds and seats

Moderators: erikscimitardemon, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington

Sabre Sabra moulds and seats

Postby Sabreite » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi Everyone. I am looking to compile a list of Sabre moulds, who has what and for what model, SE1, SE2, or Sabra If you have a mould of some part or all parts of the Sabre body please let me know. Tony Heath as the Sabre registrar would then hold this information for all to have access.
Also
I am currently investigating having the aero style seats made. Two questions,
1) Does anyone know if these seats were fitted to other car makes if so what, so I could see if there are some already being/been remanufactured
2) If no to above, is anyone interested subject to being a sensible price having some, so we could make up a batch order so hopefully reducing the price per item
John Valler
Sabreite

Re: Sabre Sabra moulds and seats

Postby heathsabre » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:25 pm

I have Sabre Six moulds for:-

Bonnet rain gutter

Part offside wing and bulkhead:

Rear valence

Part offside door sill

I am also the present custodian of Geoff Cooper's Sabra inner front wheel arches.
Regards
Tony & Jaki Heath
RSSOC Sabre Registrars

Sabre Six convertible
Sabra prototype
heathsabre
RSSOC Member

Re: Sabre Sabra moulds and seats

Postby chrisgallacher » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Do we know collectively what moulds the likes of Iain Daniels, Dave Womack, NN-G have, if any? I agree it would be very useful to have this info available within the group in case of need.

I'm not sure if it helps but I have the original pair of front seats from my Sabre, stored safely off the car. I loaned them briefly to Neil Duke when he started restoring his Sabre Six (now with Andy Burfield) and he created pattern frames and had them upholstered. I think there are some pics on here somewhere - he owned his own metal fabrication company IIRC so it was easy for him to do.
Chris Gallacher
chrisgallacher
RSSOC Member

Return to Early Sabre