West Sussex (Rusper, near Horsham) Noggin - Venue Change

Moderators: philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

West Sussex (Rusper, near Horsham) Noggin - Venue Change

Post by Roger Pennington » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 pm

As a member of the West Sussex (Rusper) noggin, and also someone who was very much in favour of this area of the website, I guess I should say a few words about our noggin. First I should say that I’m not actually the noggin secretary, that role falls to Tony Penfold (details in Slice or the listing in the members area), but he’s not often on the forum, so it probably falls either to me or Geoff (toomanysabres) to act as stand-in.

When & Where: we meet in the Star Inn in Rusper, near Horsham, West Sussex, on the third Thursday in the month. Notional start time is 8:00pm, but people tend to arrive when they can.

Number of attendees varies, usually about half a dozen, could be a dozen if everyone came on the same night. We’re a fairly informal group, it’s not like a business meeting with a set agenda and formal discussions, basically whatever those present want to talk about. There is a huge range and variety of Reliant experience, covering virtually every model they’ve ever produced (and that’s just Geoff – the rest of us have quite a lot as well! :D ). The current roll-call of running cars includes Sabre 4, Coupe, Se5a, Se6a, Middlebridge and SS1. There’s also a good variety of wider non-Reliant car experience as well. Tony and Gordon have been around the club since the beginning, Geoff since ’80, and I’m a relative newbie, having only been a club member since 1982. As well as Reliants other members interests embrace 2 wheels - Moto-Guzzi, Vincent, Suzuki, BMW, Norton rotary, etc.

We welcome old and new members and would be happy to see you at the Star on the third Thursday.

….Roger

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

tonypenfold
RSSOC Member

Re: West Sussex (Rusper, near Horsham) Noggin

Post by tonypenfold » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks,Roger,for standing in for me!
I`m afraid I`m a bit lacking in admin skills,prefering to`get down and dirty` under a car or m/bike!
I can`t improve on your summary of the West Sussex Noggin,though! Thanks again.
Tony :wink:

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Re: West Sussex (Rusper, near Horsham) Noggin - Photo Scoop

Post by Roger Pennington » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:05 pm

At last night's noggin, your fearless reporter, camera at the ready as always, was able to capture this rare scoop photograph of the redoubtable mr Cooper making his noggin debut at the wheel of his "new old stock" Sabre 6.
sabre1.jpg
Certainly looks very nice indeed and sounds good too, with the triple webers and the short exhaust - sounded great as it accelerated away up the high street. I think the idling may perhaps need a little bit of sorting yet, though I'm no expert on that set-up. Lovely colour too.

....Roger

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Re: West Sussex (Rusper, near Horsham) Noggin - Venue Change

Post by Roger Pennington » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:35 am

September 2012 reminder.

It's the third Thursday tomorrow so it's Rusper noggin time again! :D
Note that I've had a phone call from Tony Penfold (Noggin Sec) to say that the noggin will in fact be having a change of venue, (due to the fact that the usual pub is being gradually taken over by the selling of food) and will be moving about a mile or two down the road to the Lamb at Lamb's Green (postcode RH12 4RG). Tony has phoned all the usual suspects, but if anyone else was thinking of dropping in, please bear this in mind. I'll also copy this note to "non-technical discussion".

....Roger

Return to “South East”