se4 washer bottle

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

monkey
RSSOC Member

se4 washer bottle

Post by monkey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Unfortunately I do not have a parts manual for the se4, just a workshop manual which does not answer the question I'm after.

Could anyone tell me how the original Trico windscreen washer set up works. I have just bought a washer bottle but noticed it has three hose connections on top, one is marked 'jets' so is self explanatory. Where do the other two connect to?

The manual states that you just pull the washer switch (it does not mention anything about pumping) so I assume it is a vacuum system that works off the inlet manifold?

I also need the washer bottle bracket if anyone has one going spare that they want to sell.

Many Thanks

Kev M

Kev Monk

"Common sense is not so common."
* Voltaire, Dictionnaire Philosophique (1764)

Joe.
RSSOC Member

Re: se4 washer bottle

Post by Joe. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:39 pm

It's originally a vacuum setup, trico also made an electric motor version (fits to the same mounting braket) the electric version is probably more reliable in the long run. I've got a new old stock one I'm planning to fit to the my v6 coupe, when I eventually get it on the road!

monkey
RSSOC Member

Re: se4 washer bottle

Post by monkey » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Joe

Thanks for the info, I found a video on the Riley site which explains the workings. Weird thing is in the video there is only one vacuum pipe on the washer bottle whereas the SE4 set up has two.

http://rileymotorclub.createforumhostin ... t1374.html

Kev M

Kev Monk

"Common sense is not so common."
* Voltaire, Dictionnaire Philosophique (1764)

Return to “Coupé”