Drive It Day 2013 Forest & Fens Noggin (Nots & Lincs)

Moderators: Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

scimitar70
RSSOC Member

Drive It Day 2013 Forest & Fens Noggin (Nots & Lincs)

Post by scimitar70 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Doing anythin on April 21st?If not, why not join us (and the local TR group) for a day out including Classic Car Racing at Cadwell Park?!!
Details as below:

THE PLAN!!!The idea is to meet at Sherry & my house: Monks Elder Cottage, Abbey Lane, Kirkstead, Woodhall Spa LN10 6UH at 10:30 for a Brunch (I would suggest that you leave home on no more than a cup of coffee!!).

We will then take Derek's Secret Tour of about 40 miles to go to Cadwell Park to watch an afternoon of Classic Car Racing.

As it will probably have rained and been cold (!!), we will then repair to The Brackenborough Hotel, Louth for a photoshoot and dinner (which will consist of starters and main and a bottle of wine - sweets available at a small extra charge.).

THE PRICE: £37.00 PER COUPLE including the Brunch, Dinner and Wine to be paid in advance by cheque made payable to TR Lincs either posted to me at the above address, or to be brought to the next meeting (April 8th or 15th as applicable). Whichever, the cut off is midnight, April 15th. PLEASE NOTE, this price does NOT include entry to Cadwell.

MORE INFORMATION: Web site for the day at Cadwell: http://www.cadwellpark.co.uk/calendar/2 ... rophy.aspx
Cost of Cadwell entry: Senior Citizens £10, rest of us £13, or in advance £10 plus £1.80 delivery per order and £1.00 telephone booking fee per ticket. Which is actually only a saving of £2.20 per couple, which is barely worth taking advantage of!!! Its up to you, but Sherry & and will buy on the day and just make those on the gate work hard that day!! (Serves them right for being so tight on the deal for advanced tickets!!!!)
Web site for the hotel: http://www.oakridgehotels.co.uk/restaurant.php?ID=12 (very posh!!!) Plus the owner is a classic car nut. Car parking space will be reserved for us. Distance from Cadwell to the Brackenborough 7miles (15 minutes), so we'd plan to eat about 19:00. Any wine not consumed on the evening can be taken home as the bottles are screw top!!

ANY QUERIES: contact me either by email or on my mobile (07743 187145) if you have any problems or need dircetions to help find us.

FINALLY:See you there!! (Well, 'here', actually!!!).

Malcolm Brown

Too many Scimitars is always one more than you've got and several less than the missus wants!

Return to “Midlands & East Anglia”