High Peak Noggin Christmas Quiz 2011

Moderators: Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

Scimher

Re: High Peak Noggin Christmas Quiz 2011

Post by Scimher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Will do Mike & thanks!..Just looking upon it as 'upgrading' as well..Given her age, it's been nothing major...she romped through 'comparatively', last year...even the handbrake, which surprised me no end !! Fortunately, it was the turn of the little Herald to romp through this time...both MOTs come up in the same week...at about 'insurance' time, as well !! Still, once it's done, it's done!.....Have a fantastic evening !!

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm

greeny wrote:
scimitarcars.org.uk wrote: I don't think I got enough stick for whimping out and coming in a sensible car for the expected weather conditions :lol:
Just for you Steve You wimp you have two proper cars and one that will have a proper heater (the pointy one) and you turn up in a VW hang your head :lol: :lol: . I managed to turn up in a proper car with my new seats (yum yum). 8) 8)

I suppose I walked into that one...

I must say, your seats look the business. I think you should share some photos on here.

Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti sprint car, project. VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 2xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

swoakes
RSSOC Member

Post by swoakes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Yes thanks to Matt and Evie for the quiz; a very good night.

I too wimped out and took the Skoda; but Josh had great fun with our newly purchased bluetooth dongle that plugs into the ECU port. Combined with a £3 download on his smart phone it gave an instant readout of the whole journey. He wasn't however very impressed that I only used 100 of the 260 bhp on offer until I floored it at some lights near to home :twisted: See you all later at the meal

Steve Oakes
SS1 DET Sprint Car

Former cars
SS1 DET Turbo sprint Project
Sabre Ti
SS1 Ti
1971 Yellow 5a
1985 SS1 1600
1978 Green/Silver 6a

"Fail to prepare and you are preparing to fail."
Benjamin Franklin

greeny
RSSOC Member

Post by greeny » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:31 pm

scimitarcars.org.uk wrote:
greeny wrote:
scimitarcars.org.uk wrote: I don't think I got enough stick for whimping out and coming in a sensible car for the expected weather conditions :lol:
Just for you Steve You wimp you have two proper cars and one that will have a proper heater (the pointy one) and you turn up in a VW hang your head :lol: :lol: . I managed to turn up in a proper car with my new seats (yum yum). 8) 8)

I suppose I walked into that one...

I must say, your seats look the business. I think you should share some photos on here.
Will do have some free time tomorrow just hope to have a dry spell to take the pics will also be booking it in for the exhausts next week shiny things ooooohhhhh

Babe the GTC number 229 and and Smurfett the 1400 SST. Ness the vw t4 van/dayvan/camper
Previous 3.0v6 X type jaguar triumph acclaim scimitar SE4A 663 (ex Collin Watson coupe) 2x se5a's 2x SS1 1600s and a load.of other things I can't remember!!!
GTC drivers doing it under canvas since 1981!!
RSSOC SCIMITAR GTC REGISTRAR
Website scimitargtc.co.uk
12601 14846 18/09/12

Return to “North West”