To Add, or Not To Add?

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

1800oldb

To Add, or Not To Add?

Post by 1800oldb » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Curborough today; got talking about fuel additives. My 1800SST has always been powered by additive-boosted unleaded fuel but I was informed - additive not required - use a higher-rated fuel, i.e. 98 octane.
Searched the forum but was unable to find definitive answer, So, I ask - additive or not? Answers on the back of a £20 note (sorry got carried away!)
Is anybody qualified (brave?) enough to give the answer to the question: to add or not to add?
The car is never raced and very rarely, and only accidentally (honest), exceeds 70mph.

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

To Add, or Not To Add?

Post by CNHSS1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:04 pm

No 1800ti requires additive in the fuel, being a global Nissan engine and family of engines, the CA18 was used in pickups and taxis in 3rd world countries, it'll run on any old rubbish, so the valve seat were designed with that in mind.

That said, She'll V Power is the highest octane, lowest ethanol fuel on UK market, and has various detergents within it, so is the 'go to' for power and to keep inhljectors and fuel pumps healthy

HTH
craig

Racing is life, everything before and after, is just waiting--Steve McQueen
6 time Class Champ, 2006 & 2014 SSSC Champion

RIP Batmobile, await the Rise of Dark Knight 8)
Sabre 'Light Sabre' 360hp!!

peter freeman
RSSOC Member

To Add, or Not To Add?

Post by peter freeman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Never used additives in any of the cars I have or have had - even our 1968 Coupe - stick to the best fuel

Return to “SS1/SST/Sabre”