Wheel options??

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

RSSOC Member

Wheel options??

Post by AndyM » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Thank you for all the input and information. This is all quite new to me, but I am learning!

RSSOC Member

Wheel options??

Post by reliant-reviver » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 pm

I appreciate where you are coming from Nick, going to 15" wheel does give you a wide choice on tyres at a good price, so for many it is the logical path to take.

But 14" is still a worthwhile consideration, certainly if intending to run on 1a tyres. 185/60 is still a common size, and there are several options of 1A in the blue book and generally a fair price.
Alternatively you can look to 195/60 if upping the wheel width, or 195/55 or 195/45 if looking to drop the gearing.

For me I shall be persevering on 14's for now. Like the look and prefer how it rides.

As for you Mr King. At a guess, a dozen different wheel and tyre combos on the one car in the last 10 years. If we were to consider the wider field of cars and wheels that have passed through my hands I think you'd all go to sleep.

Seeing as AndyM's query seems to be answered, I'm all to happy to oblige (with pics) and spear off on a tangent if you want a strain on bandwidth.... :w

Philip Andrew. Self assured SS1 know-it-all
Current : SS1 1300 "KMG" - the quickest 1300 about!
Also: SS1 1800ti big rebuild on hiatus.

Return to “SS1/SST/Sabre”