Death of a Scimitar

Have you documented a Scimitar related procedure and would like to share it with others? Pictures are most welcome!
Threads here also contain previous “stickies” from other sections, as a central location for quick reference information.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Re: Death of a Scimitar

Post by philhoward » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:26 am

I've been on enough H&S courses to know that an Extinguisher is to aid you to exit the danger zone - nothing else. Anything like a plumbed in system may reduce the amount of damage but it's still primarily to aid your escape.

Prevention is better than cure, so the best step is to start with the fuel lines - if in doubt, replace. I think that's where we started 12 pages ago..

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:34 am

On a positive note. These extinguishers may put out a small fire and prevent you losing the car. But in my opinion as a fire safety advisor/chemical industry incident manager/safety manager and former industrial fire fighter, there is too much personal risk involved to offensively fight a car fire with a hand held extinguisher.

Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti RG sprint car. VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

RonH
RSSOC Member

Post by RonH » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 am

Thank you all for your input. For me personally the recent comments sum up my search last night in that there is no 100% guarantee - accordingly and totally understandably a resounding recommendation was not put forward. So I assume the advise is check all the fuel components and have something to hand rather than nothing. What that: "something" is is a decision only you should decide. Again thank you all for your input.
Ron

Return to “How To Guides/FAQs”