Driver seat repair.

Have you documented a Scimitar related procedure and would like to share it with others? Pictures are most welcome!
Threads will be locked once posted, so any further questions in the specific forum, please.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Paulmichael

Driver seat repair.

Post by Paulmichael » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi. Not really going to be a how to guide but i thought id share my experience of this product with the forum as i know how many people have a large hole in the side of their drivers seat!
So let me start by saying that this is only really an interim fix, its not going to win me any concourse trophies or owt but i thought for seven quid its worth a punt and anything has to be better than it looked to begin with! The stuff is from ebay, and can be found easily by typing vinyl repair kit.
Before and after.
seat.jpg
seat.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
I reckon it looks ok (actualy looks a little better in real life than the photos) and ive been driving it for 3 weeks now and the repair has held up well. If you got a big hole and you dont have the cash for re-upholstering, you cant go wrong. :wink:

Return to “How To Guides”