Upload pictures to the site using Photo bucket

Have you documented a Scimitar related procedure and would like to share it with others? Pictures are most welcome!
Threads will be locked once posted, so any further questions in the specific forum, please.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

Gemini Bob

Upload pictures to the site using Photo bucket

Post by Gemini Bob » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:47 pm

First you will need to create an account on Photobucket.

Home Page Here

Once an account has been created you can then create an album to store them in ie Scimitar, GTE etc (Click on upload pictures), once the pictures are stored on your PC you can then upload to the site from the directory they are stored in ie My Documents/My Pictures. While ever the pictures are stored on Photobucket and the directory is not changed they will always be displayed in the post once the URL has been added.

Now the pictures are stored on the Photobucket server you can view your album and browse the pictures, as you move your mouse over the pictures you will notice a drop down box appear which has the following in it.

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Move your mouse over the IMG code part and click the left mouse button, you will see the word copied in the box. The short cut has now been copied, all you need to do now is paste this into your post and I find the easiest way to do it is to click into my post and then hold down the Ctrl key and press v, this will then copy the short cut in text format but when posted it will show the picture that you copied the URL for.

Regards
Bob
HUE 1979 SE6a GTE Auto
If the cap fits wear it.
If at first you don't succeed, pay someone who knows what they are doing.
Scimitars Biggest Fan
Resto viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3377 Just for Geoff ;-)

erikscimitardemon
RSSOC Member

Re: Upload pictures to the site using Photo bucket

Post by erikscimitardemon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:52 pm

This subject is covered in this thread: 'How to Upload a Picture'
So a lock on this one.

This usefull info by Bob will be copied to the 'How to Upload a Picture'.

Erik Hofman
http://www.scimitar.demon.nl

Scimitarweb Webteam / Forum Administrator

Return to “How To Guides”