Never ending (Danish) story

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward

haustrup
RSSOC Member

Post by haustrup » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:59 pm

I've checked the rear hose today, it was braided steel. I've checked the front brake calipers and pads too, they worked perfect, so???????

peter freeman
RSSOC Member

Post by peter freeman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 pm

Iv'e not heard of a car with your symptoms before - for the handbrake to lock up the front brake there has to be pressure in the brake system. I can only think that the rear brake shoe(s) are not sitting in the rear pistons correctly. Have you had the rear drums off to see if the shoes look to be correctly fitted.

haustrup
RSSOC Member

Post by haustrup » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi Peter, You are absolutely right, of course, the handbrake test just blocked the rear brakes, but I do have the feeling that the brake pedal blocks the rh front brake (but I can't tell 100% for sure), it just feels so, and probably the rear ones too, which is difficult to see, hear or test - remember, the mot test bench showed everything was fine!
I'll check the rear brake shoes tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that they are fitted OK, as they, in between, works just normal

haustrup
RSSOC Member

Post by haustrup » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Just had a look at the rear brakes today, and except for one lower spring that were fitted from the "outside" of the shoes, everything was fine, all fitted and working correct.

haustrup
RSSOC Member

Post by haustrup » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Just a follow up to this story, as it's spring and work can be done outside again.
The faulty Otter switch has been changed for a new one, who works as its supposed to do - and with a relay - Thank you Peter Freeman, it really works perfect.
The brake fault was cured - it was the brake balance compensator (or whatever its named) and a spare was even found over here.
Ignition cut out cured. After checking multiple things discovering the use of a wrong type distributor, the find of (one more) faulty ignition lead, it turned out to be the electrinic ignition. Both leads an ignition was just a few years old, so for now I'm back til points and they work, even with my spare and very old leads; I just don't trust in the ignition and leads I bought from Accus...k.
All the best to all Scimitarians and a happy Spring - see (some of you) at the RSSOC International
Steffen
Denmark

Return to “Se6/6a/6b/GTC”