Scimitar near Blackpool

Need help far away? Someone local might be able to help..

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Jack Hardes

Scimitar near Blackpool

Post by Jack Hardes » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi all, I've been looking at a scimitar near Blackpool being sold by James Morgan cars. I've had a chat with the dealership and have received some further pictures and information, but I live in East Sussex, making a visit a tad difficult. If anyone in the area has looked at the car please let me know!

If not, I'm more than willing to supply the funds for several beers along with a ringing endorsement whenever needed to anyone who knows what they're doing who would be kind enough to have a look for me! I have very limited funds and could part exchange my car there, so if it's a sound car it would be a dream cone true.

Here's the link just in case.
https://www.jamesmorgancars.co.uk/used- ... 1081063289

Any help would make me eternally grateful!

Many many thanks in advance!

Jack

rebel alliance

Scimitar near Blackpool

Post by rebel alliance » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Hi jack ,i will probable get jumped on for saying this but i think you could do a lot better for that money...although it depends on what your looking for in a scimitar....

Jack Hardes

Scimitar near Blackpool

Post by Jack Hardes » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:03 pm

I see, I mean it is a little rough around the edges but so long as the chassis and engine are good I'm really not too fussy when it comes to appearance. It was just handy as I could part exchange, but I don't want to spend money needlessly. The interior looks good though.

What sort of money do you think it's worth? £3k is about my limit, so I need to pick quite carefully!

rebel alliance

Scimitar near Blackpool

Post by rebel alliance » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 pm

I just read your other post so i see your not after a show car,in that case it may be ok but getting someone to check it it sounds a good idea.Plenty of members up round that area.good luck

Ian Lock

Scimitar near Blackpool

Post by Ian Lock » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi I will most probably get slated and abused by saying I was looking at this SE6a back in June last year to buy .It didn't have a MOT then and was up for sale for
£1200 on Ebay didn't sell so put on again this time went for £1600 I didn't buy then because it didn't have a MOT and very little history .This dealer bought it slapped a MOT on it put it up for sale at £3995 some time ago I don't think a MOT was worth £2400 , it's now £2995 wait another 6 months and it might drop another £1000 then it would be worth having. It's not in bad shape but needs a paint job that will cost between 5-7 k I know I wanted one resprayed that's if you can find someone to do it.
Yes by all means get it checked out but first ask the dealer if he got it in Scotland by the sea ?

Jack Hardes

Scimitar near Blackpool

Post by Jack Hardes » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Hmm, seems like someone's trying to make a bit too much of a profit to me. Thank you for that information, I might be able to use it to my advantage. Paint wise, I must admit there's something about an unrestored exterior that I love, but maybe that's just me!

If someone looks at it and its sound I might give it a go, but from what you've just told me that price tag is going to need to shrink somewhat!

Return to “Scimaritans”