Location, Location, Location

Need help far away? Someone local might be able to help..

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

SRF

Re: Location, Location, Location

Post by SRF » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi I am in Winsford Cheshire, I have room in my yard for a couple of cars short term. I have a double garage/workshop with all sorts of tools inc mig welder, engine crane, small lathe, pillar drill and my new toy a hydraulic scissor lift. I also have a single garage used for storage which is usually half empty. I am willing to help any member in any way I can. The only proviso is I can't walk or drive very far due to arthritis.

Ray

Reliant Scimitar SE5 1971. Already restored Sunbeam Rapier,Morris Minor,Rover P4, and Triumph Vitesse. I have also restored 8 classic tractors over the past 18 years. My latest project is a Bond Equipe GT4s

greeny
RSSOC Member

Post by greeny » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Don't think I have posted here either so here goes, my name is Dave I live in a little town called Dukinfield Cheshire although some say its Greater Manchester but I refuse to believe that. I have been around Scimitars all my life and been around the club for most of that!

My wife and myself started ownership with a C reg 1600 SS1 then when Robyn my daughter came along 3 into 2 wouldn't go so that was sold. A few months later I bought my X reg GTC with a 2.9i conversion which I still have over 10 years later! I acquired a pink (yes pink) SE5a that I rescued of a drive got the engine to run and was forced (orders of the wife) to sell. Move on a few years and in the last 12/18 months I have bought another C reg 1600 SS1 project car, a rather how shall I say.......obvious f reg 3.5 v8 coupe built by Colin Watson and featured in practical classics.
Those keeping up will note that that is 3 scimitars in my ownership at the moment. Well not quite you see we have just acquired a J reg SST 1400 in blue! Totaling 4 scimitars at the moment although this one is my wife's car. (I think she has resigned herself to if you can't beat them join them!!! :shock:

Not far from junction 23 on the M60 if tools parts etc are needed I have a get me home ability and its not very often I need to be recovered to my home address :D

Babe the GTC number 229 and and Smurfett the 1400 SST. Ness the vw t4 van/dayvan/camper
Previous 3.0v6 X type jaguar triumph acclaim scimitar SE4A 663 (ex Collin Watson coupe) 2x se5a's 2x SS1 1600s and a load.of other things I can't remember!!!
GTC drivers doing it under canvas since 1981!!
RSSOC SCIMITAR GTC REGISTRAR
Website scimitargtc.co.uk
12601 14846 18/09/12

Dot
RSSOC Member

Post by Dot » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi
Live in West Cornwall between Falmouth and Helston (TR10).
Life time of tinkering with old cars and motorcycles. Have tools and some electrical knowledge.
Could provide a night or two's kip and short term parking if you develop problems or need any help whilst in the area - kettle's always on.
Good local inexpensive car repairs garage nearby.
Ray

chrispy
RSSOC Member

Post by chrispy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:42 pm

hi all,

just joined your motley band of scimaritans today, i live in bedworth, west midlands, pretty handy with spanners or welders. work as an electrician. always willing to help others if needed work hours permitting (and the other halfs permission also).

Lukeyboy46
RSSOC Member

Post by Lukeyboy46 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Hello buddy, I'm from Nuneaton originally and go home to visit my parents fairly frequently on a weekend if you ever need a pair of eyes or a hand too! I bring my scim home sometimes too so you can always have a butchers if you haven't been out in one before!

Luke

Luke Garratt
RSSOC Forum Moderator

74' Se5a - Daily driver!

chrispy
RSSOC Member

Post by chrispy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:03 pm

hey luke i gladly accept your offer, my scim is gutted so will need fresh eyes to point out what bits are missing

Lukeyboy46
RSSOC Member

Post by Lukeyboy46 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:58 pm

No problem, I'll be home the weekend of the 25th if you are around and I'll pop over for a chat!

Luke Garratt
RSSOC Forum Moderator

74' Se5a - Daily driver!

chrispy
RSSOC Member

Post by chrispy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 pm

ok bud pm me before your back and ill send my address and contact details over

BigJohn

Post by BigJohn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi Have recently Joined the Forum, I have a large selection of equipment (Including MIG welder) to help any one Unfortunate enough to get stuck in the South of France, although I live within 20 kilometres of Dark Star I have not met him as yet, I have no Reliant product but am working at putting this right, I am just out side Grasse, and can be contacted on 0044 1703 183 700 (we have found English Mobiles are cheaper)

THEY TOLD ME I WAS DELUSIONAL I NEARLY FELL OFF MY UNICORN

Jockyo
RSSOC Member

Post by Jockyo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:04 am

Hi
Live in Inverness
Always willing to help anyone venturing north. Work away from home on a 3 week rotation, so not always there.
I'm an ex REME Metalsmith and Vehicle Mechanic, so don't ask for any help. :-) Only joking

Rod
1981 Scimitar SE6B / 1972 SWB Series 3 / 1997 Discovery 300Tdi / Jaguar 24 yacht = My favourite toys!

simmit

Post by simmit » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:05 pm

In Lincoln. Don't know much but have bag of spanners and willing to help anyone in a jam.

SE5a

Post by SE5a » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Based in Northamptonshire just off the A14 (NN9) familiar with 5 and 5a. Have space on drive for short term storage as well as MIG welder/engine crane/kettle etc.
Happy to help but bring your own biscuits.
Paul

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Post by Oldconn » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Only just spotted this thread(after three years! :doh: If you are touring in France and need help, I am in Franche-Comté, about 50 miles East of Dijon, in the Saone Valley. Willing to turn out and help if you have a breakdown, I have a big garage, MIG welder, access to gas welder,can borrow a trailer, English tea & biscuits ,speak-a-da-lingo,
Telephone 06 58 77 30 41 ask for Ian. :D

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

Return to “Scimaritans”