Propshaft manufacture

Personal recommendations from forum users for parts and services

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

Tinker man
RSSOC Member

Propshaft manufacture

Post by Tinker man » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:29 am

So the project is at the stage i needed a new propshaft to join the ZF autobox to the scim diff.

I dropped a line to a few manufacturers... Northwest Propshafts were quite brilliant. they answered my query within an hour. sent me a simple template to complete.

i sent that back to them. they quoted me within an hour. I rang them and I said yes please. and the best bit???? when i asked the lead-time.... it was........ wait for it........ 3..........HOURS.

i have been to collect it today, they chap i was dealing with (Michael) was very polite, efficient and even gave me directions to beat the local traffic jams in Coppull. or they will courier to you for £15.

i am sure there are others out there just as good, but its not often I am left saying to myself "now that was excellent customer service". NTDWM but link below.

they have a branch in Manchester and Coppull Lancashire. pics below. total cost £150, which i thought more than acceptable. it may help someone else out especially if in a hurry.

propshaft 001.jpg
nice and shiney
propshaft 001.jpg (120.15 KiB) Viewed 502 times
propshaft 002.jpg
for once the sun shines on my project!
propshaft 002.jpg (118.94 KiB) Viewed 502 times

If it is made of nuts and bolts I WILL take it apart..... going back together is a whole different ball game

Nigel Clark
RSSOC Member

Re: Propshaft manufacture

Post by Nigel Clark » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:18 pm

I had a similar experience with Dave Mac Prop in Coventry, excellent service at a price that seemed very fair.

RSSOC Member

Re: Propshaft manufacture

Post by Diyhell » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Sounds good. I also used Dave Mac (having followed Nigel's PC column) and thought he was great

SE6a needing lots of work...

Return to “Recommended Suppliers”