Rust Buster

Personal recommendations from forum users for parts and services

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

ScimmyMike
RSSOC Member

Rust Buster

Post by ScimmyMike » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Over the xmas break I've been replacing the front suspension bushes to my GTE as it's clonking a lot and generally rather harsh compared to others, decided to clean up and repaint the metalwork whilst apart using Rust Busters epoxy mastic system that I have used with great success previously
except
this time there was a bit of a problem with the grey paint I had bought, looked like the coloured part had some gritty content, thinking it might have been down to cold I took indoors for s few days but no, same appearance
paint reduced size.jpg
paint reduced size.jpg (175.04 KiB) Viewed 972 times
So took a photo and emailed off the the manufacturer, quite surprised to get a response first thing Monday saying no not a batch problem but one caused by the paint getting cold, it should clear if you heat it up :shock: but we wouldn't expect you to do that so will send a replacement if you send tin size, address etc.
Nice surprise and great customer service, wish all suppliers were that way minded.
Well done Rust Buster

SE4c rebuilding. SE5a similar it seems!
SAAB C900 2 door
Scimitar SE4 SE4c SE5 SE6b Austin A35

High Peak Noggin Secretary & general dogsbody

www.high peak noggin

If you can see the tree before you hit it that's understeer
if you only feel the tree as you hit it that's oversteer

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Re: Rust Buster

Post by Roger Pennington » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:43 am

Yes, well done indeed. :D It's nice to hear when things go well, it's more often the bad things that inspire people to put finger to keyboard :wink:

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

Return to “Recommended Suppliers”