Peter James Insurance

Personal recommendations from forum users for parts and services

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

Route666

Peter James Insurance

Post by Route666 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Over a period of thirty-odd years and almost as many cars, I've often thought that my usual (up to now) provider of classic/odd insurance runs regular in-house competitions to see who can drive the most customers mad,

I've been rendered phone-chewingly incoherent on several occasions most notably when attempting to add a friend to a policy for two weeks and when they cancelled a policy because they attributed the mileage declaration for car A to car B.

It seems a policy is very easy to cancel but impossible to reinstate.

Then, via this forum, I discovered Peter James Insurance and started the transfer with my Se5.

It took about ten serene minutes of which two minutes was taken up by me being rendered unconscious by the fully comp, very low excess,3000 mile (continent included), premium of £55 plus 10% tax.

Admittedly the automated lady who instigates proceedings by telling you what to press and when to press it (a service that could be usefully provided by more women I feel) does so in a tone that could lead you to believe that either she's been mainlining atomic waste prior to (or possibly after) a fun-packed night out in Wolverhampton or is an enthusiastic recreational user of Largactyl.

Another possibility is that her soporific tone renders you ready to agree to anything they come up with.

In any event, they're definitely worth a look.
Usual disclaimer.

AJL Electronics
RSSOC Member

Re: Peter James Insurance

Post by AJL Electronics » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Good advice.

To add to it, check what is actually included in your policy. Some policies have automatic breakdown cover, some don't. Some policies screw you for "admin" fees every time you speak to them, others don't. Some companies use premium rate telephone numbers, some don't.

Yes, we can mend your Scimitar!
Order your Scimitar parts any hour of the day at http://www.classicmicrocars.com (member's discounts).

Fancy a holiday in Gael, France? http://www.ianrhu.com

There is no point trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

Scimher

Post by Scimher » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:32 pm

...I'm now on my 2nd year with them...(extremely happy...)

Nigel Clark
RSSOC Member

Post by Nigel Clark » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 pm

I've used Peter James for over 5 years and it's been about the best possible experience, considering we're talking about insurance!

I have a multi-vehicle policy covering a modern BMW and four (currently) classic cars and no other broker can match the premium. Service on the phone is spot on, whether at renewal time or when adding another car. I was unlucky enough to have a claim on my GT6 a few years ago (not my fault) and their claims handling was also very good, with the option to use my choice of repairer. The repairs were done quickly and well, and PJ quickly recovered my excess from the other party. I also have a classic motorcycle policy with PJ.

No connection, just a very satisfied customer.

Nigel

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Post by scimjim » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Nigel Clark wrote:I was unlucky enough to have a claim on my GT6 a few years ago (not my fault) and their claims handling was also very good, with the option to use my choice of repairer. The repairs were done quickly and well, and PJ quickly recovered my excess from the other party.
This is the vital part that many miss when simply looking for the cheapest quote. I've been with RH for many years for lots of good reasons - but never had cause to test their claims procedure (touches lots of wood!)

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

Return to “Recommended Suppliers”