Brake pipes - Greg Willig

Personal recommendations from forum users for parts and services

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

drcdb15
RSSOC Member

Brake pipes - Greg Willig

Post by drcdb15 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:26 pm

I want to promote Greg Willig as the go-to man for bespoke brake pipes. He's just made me a set for my Webster, in cunifer with all fittings including a weird M10/3/8UNF problem resolved for under £50. It simply is not worth buying your own tools and risking an amateur novice job when for the same money you can get a set made to order and delivered from Greg.

I have visited Greg twice now (he's in Crowborough in East Sussex) and his garage must be every car nut's dream, he's probably better equipped than the garage that services my Jag.

Greg advertises his hydraulic pipes services (it's only pipes, NOT flexi hoses) on eBay, or you can reach him on the number below. He ships to customers all over the world, but is happy to meet you if you're local.

He's a very active member of the SRO – the Southern Rover Owners club, billing itself as the “original” Land Rover club, and those of you who move in Landy competition circles will probably know him, or of him, already. When I visited him, he had up on the lift his current self-build – his fourth!! - a Series 3A home made body on a Range Rover custom shortened chassis – home-built of course, as is the roll cage which he tube-bent himself. Seeing the engineering he undertakes I do wonder why he bothers with something as tiny as a brake pipe, but hey – as he's active in extreme off-roading and all his home-made efforts are regularly scrutineered you can be sure his workmanship is up to scratch. Needless to say, his kit is pretty much all serious pro stuff, no dodgy gadgets off eBay, so you can be sure your brake pipe flares will be top notch.

Greg Willig 07801 977 204

Chris
MB61; formerly 1978 SE6A 3.5 V8; 1986 SE6B 2.9 EFi.

Return to “Recommended Suppliers”