Near Inverness

Seen a Scimitar somewhere? Let them know and maybe make contact locally.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

Cuthy246

Near Inverness

Post by Cuthy246 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:00 pm

JFS 901T, yellowy/orange?? Se6/6a I think heading from Inverness past Culloden battlefield at about 14:15 today (23/05/2019)

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Near Inverness

Post by Roger Pennington » Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 pm

It's "Aztec" - See this thread :D

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

Cuthy246

Near Inverness

Post by Cuthy246 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Many thanks Roger, that is indeed the very same. Made a very nice rumble as it accelerated up the hill cannonball

cannonball
RSSOC Member

Near Inverness

Post by cannonball » Fri May 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Holy @@@@!

Of all the places in all the world and I get spotted.

White van behind on the way up Westhill?

Today was the first proper run I have done apart from two or three miles around Nairn and I felt quite confident to take it on a longer trip.

Forty mile round trip and eighteen of them were faultless, driving along the back roads via Cawdor then on past the battlefield then dropped down Westhill and then through the town to see a friend then it was out the A82 for a few miles then back into town, sat yapping for around an hour and then into town to get the paint scanned for a pot of some touch up paint.

Then it spluttered and spluttered again under light acelleration, no way was I going to go home on the A96 so it was the backroads again. Anyway, it spluttered the eighteen miles home without breaking down but the light spluttering is a bit of a concern.

Tyres were checked but they are fine. :D :D

Cuthy246

Near Inverness

Post by Cuthy246 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:59 pm

White Turner van coming down the hill. Luckily for me my colleague who was driving smokes like a chimney so the drivers window was down allowing me to truly appreciate the rumble! If you are both in Inverness again give me a shout. Will pop the kettle on and you can see how nice your scimitar is compared to one that has spent many years in a crumbling garage.

Return to “Scimitar Sightings”