Hi Folks

For New Members to introduce themselves and their cars.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Re: Hi Folks

Post by Roger Pennington » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Welcome to the forum :D One thing that hasn't been picked up on, from your earlier post, is that the braids that you find all over the place are primarily for radio interference suppression (though they may also provide earthing). I believe modern radios are less susceptible to interference, than they were, so they may not be as necessary now. Like Peter I've been a Scimitar owner since 1983 and have no qualms about using them regularly (my only cars are in my signature strip)

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

Old and Slow
RSSOC Member

Re: Hi Folks

Post by Old and Slow » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Mark,
Others may correct me on this, but I think that current (!) best practice is to independently fuse each headlight; any one failure allows all the other lights to function; it looks like the motorbike solid-state unit has only a single feed for headlamp and for dipped; buying 4 then?
Philip N

Philip Needham
Ashley-bodied TR3; '54 Ford Consul; '55 AC 2-Litre Saloon;'65 850 Mini; '70 Ford Zodiac MkIV; XR3i
'81 911SC Targa, '64 Sabre Six

Return to “Introductions”