**** DEPOSIT TAKEN *****
Work commitments and another unfinished project mean that I am resigned to the fact that the GTE must go, even if I had firm plans to recommission it.
The car was bought as a rolling wreck and brought back to life over a period of two and a half years. I have invested over £10k in the restoration (most receipts are available). I used it for a single summer prior to having issues with the auto box. Mike Simpson kindly supplied a replacement and this was duly installed and run only for issues to recur. The only component common to both boxes was the torque convertor, which could well be the issue. I bought a manual gearbox off Geraint with the intent to fit that as part of a manual conversion. Car was last run on the public road in 2015 and has been on SORN since. We live on a private estate and so the car has been run around the estate up until about a year back.
Aside from the gearbox issue, it should not take much at all to get it back through an MoT. If I had a tow car and trailer I would consider doing this myself. The advisories last time were a minor exhaust leak and oil leak. As you will see from the videos attached, all lights function correctly and the engine is sweet.
- Engine runs well and sounds great
- New head gaskets fitted
- New alloy timing gear fitted
- Replacement alternator
- Replacement coil
- New battery fitted
- New radiator
- New silicon hoses and stainless pipes
- New fuel tank and sender
- Long branch manifold fitted
- Interior completely retrimmed
- Headlining replaced
- Sunroof replaced
- Various new / replacement window seals and trims
- Rollover hoop chassis mounting plates replaced/repaired
- Rear hatch plates and seal replaced
- Brakes overhauled
- Car partially rewired with additional relays
- Car cosmetically restored and repainted in SEAT candy white
- Modern rear lamp units fitted
- Middlebridge alloys refurbished and fitted with new tyres (3 years ago) - Alloys will only be included if sensible price achieved otherwise I will refit wolfrace
- Rear load cover - will be included if sensible price achieved
- Gearbox takes time to engage (but does engage!) and on the move slips between 2nd/3rd
- Some micro-blistering on bodywork - worst on nearside front wing, rest of car is largely fine (car has been outside)
- A machine polish required in a few areas to clear off sealant used prevent water ingress
Jobs Still to Do:
- Mount interior fan blowers properly
- Sort wiring on rev-counter (bad earth I think)
- Sort interior lights
- Wire up stereo (old unit in place, new speakers - never got around to fitting a modern unit in the glove box, which was the plan)
- Tidy up / paint engine bay
Interested parties can contact me on 07889 804598, or send me a PM. The car is located between Crewe and Nantwich in Cheshire, just off J16 M6. Best offer around £2500 please.
If you are genuinely interested, you are welcome to arrange to come and see it. No time wasters please. As mentioned above, a few in the RSSOC will know the car already. Only constraint is I work away a lot and would want to be around during viewings. If there is no decent interest before the end of September, I will advertise it online. Car currently has no MOT so will require to be trailered.