Couple of parts for a race/fast road car perhaps?

Old ads will stay here for a while before being kicked out forever after 6 months or so.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Terry Rickard

pauluspaolo

Post by pauluspaolo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:05 pm

First up is a removable steering wheel boss. I bought this new a while ago - before I got the SS1 I think - but have never fitted it to any of my cars or even tried to fit it. There's no manufacturers name on it so not sure where I got it from (a Kit Car show back in the day probably). No idea if it's legal for competition or road use but should be a relatively simple fix on an SS1 as they don't have a central horn push to worry about. Designed for a Momo type bolt pattern. It probably isn't that clear from the photos (sorry) but it's in 3 parts (iron hex lug, black alloy body & silver alloy plate. The silver & black alloy parts are bolted together with the 3 x M8 countersunk allen headed bolts. The iron hex lug needs welding to the steering column (after existing steering wheel has been removed!), the alloy steering wheel boss then fits snugly onto the hex lug. The boss is held securely in place with a spring loaded bar, when the bar's pushed in the steering wheel (complete with boss) can be removed.

Dimensions 50mm tall with the hex lug fitted (this protrudes about 10mm when fitted into black alloy boss). Hole in hex lug is 19mm - so could be welded to a steering column that diameter (or less?).
Silver alloy plate is 90mm diameter x 10mm thick, with 6 x M5 threaded holes to hold the steering wheel in place.

£10 posted 1st class payment by Paypal Family & Friends or by bank transfer.

Next up is a 12 volt bilge pump/air blower. Designed for venting engine compartments/bilges on boats, I've fitted a slightly smaller one of these in my 1985 SS1 as the heater/blower fan. Works a treat on those occasional cold wintry days that I drive the car - keeps me warm & demists the windscreen without any problems. I found this one to be slightly too large lengthwise for my SS1. I'm not saying it won't fit, or can't be made to fit, just that I thought it quicker & simpler to fit a slightly smaller unit. It might also be suitable for a track car or possibly a GTE - no idea what the heater fan setup is like on one of those but possibly there's a bit more space than on an SS1?? Connections couldn't be simpler as there are only 2 wires - an earth & live - the live on mine plugs into the existing fan wiring & works off the rotary fan speed control in the car (1 speed only). It is, as I said earlier, surprisingly effective at keeping the windscreen clear & me warm. It's not the quietest thing but then the car isn't the quietest thing either so it's never bothered me (I'd rather be warm & see where I'm going). I trial fitted this one but never actually wired it in - as such there are some slight marks to the casing but nothing too serious or unsightly. It comes boxed & with instructions.

Dimensions are: 209mm long x 116mm high Inc mounting feet) x 135mm wide (including the mounting feet), inlet/outlets have an outside diameter of 80mm.

These can be bought for £18/20 on Ebay (fair bit cheaper than that from Hong Kong) so how about £10 with 1st class post included?

Please send me a message if interested & thanks for looking :)

pauluspaolo

Post by pauluspaolo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:33 am

These are both now sold & posted to the buyer :)

Return to “Removed For Sale and Ebay”