Coupe for sale @ Percival Motors

Links to Scimitar-related ebay items and other sales sites

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Terry Rickard

Brucky
RSSOC Member

Post by Brucky » Mon May 13, 2019 9:12 am

*JP*

Post by *JP* » Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 am

A lot more expensive than the V6 one on C and C (see below).
Appears to have a paint mismatch on one of the doors?

dand

Post by dand » Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 am

Prices seem to be all over the place at the moment. The Lancashire one seems a very good price.

Brucky
RSSOC Member

Post by Brucky » Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 am

The Lancashire one is a bargain, I love the grey/silver colour.

Dcrosby13
RSSOC Member

Post by Dcrosby13 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 am

Well... Straight Six's are much more desirable. I went to see the silver one and whilst it was lovely it's every bit the 20+ year old restoration and to bring it back upto standard it needs a full respray. It's covered in micro blisters and there were a couple of sizeable gel cracks, but yes in true scimitar fashion it looks awesome from six feet away. The chassis was solid but had a light covering of surface rust in a few places but nothing major, most of the consumables are 20 years old including bushes and shocks, whilst there currently are no defects you can bet they are going to need attention shortly given it has been used sparingly.bclutch/ clutch release bearing is also the same one fitted at the point of restoration 20 years + and 22,000 miles old. The rear carpets are tired, the seat foam is knackered on the passenger seat and it has a rip in it, the headlining is hanging down where it meets the windscreen seal so to rectify the windscreen would have to come out and the windscreen has delaminated in several places. The seller also did not know if the fiber timing gear had been replaced but given how original it was it probably still had it and as usual there were plenty of oil leaks, lastly there was a slight bulge in the cill at the rear passenger side which indicates that the steel reinforcement is rotting. It went well though and drove lovely, the seller was a really nice guy and you could tell he didn't want to get rid very honest and genuine.

I break stuff...... :w

dand

Post by dand » Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Yeh, but apart from the bodywork, the chassis, the mechanics and the interior ..... :D :D

Dcrosby13
RSSOC Member

Post by Dcrosby13 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Aside from the oil leaks the mechanical condition was spot on, the chassis just needs a good going over with a wire wheel and some chassis paint and whilst the interior needs those bits doing it was the paint and cill starting to fail that stopped me buying the car on the spot. Given it deserves a proper respray the paint might as well have been hanging off in my eyes, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay and I definitely did not want to pay £8.5k for a car needing a full respray.

I break stuff...... :w

Oaksey
RSSOC Member

Post by Oaksey » Mon May 13, 2019 2:24 pm

As for the Straight Six at Percival, on first looks its either on the money or cheap. I'd guess at on the money. Remember the solid grey one they had for £20K that didn't hang around too long and this one has a few issues such as the paint mismatch, lack of underside photos like the other one had and the fact that it's an older restoration. Add up all the things you'd want to do to it and you may be at around £16k which is reasonable for a well sorted S6. I know for sure if/when mine gets advertised it will be more than this one.

Josh Oakes
2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 SSSC Champion
1974 Yellow Se5a Overdrive
1971 Blue Jaguar XJ6
1966 Blue Coupe Straight Six
2005 Honda S2000
Previous- Coupe S6,
SS1 Ti, E90 SS1 Ti, SE6a x3, SE5 Auto, SS1 CVH, Mk2 Sabre, Rebel Estate

*JP*

Post by *JP* » Mon May 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Oaksey wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:24 pm
As for the Straight Six at Percival, on first looks its either on the money or cheap. I'd guess at on the money. Remember the solid grey one they had for £20K that didn't hang around too long and this one has a few issues such as the paint mismatch, lack of underside photos like the other one had and the fact that it's an older restoration. Add up all the things you'd want to do to it and you may be at around £16k which is reasonable for a well sorted S6. I know for sure if/when mine gets advertised it will be more than this one.

Looking at the pictures again I would suggest that it will require a full respray.Pale metallics are just about impossible to match in my experience.
(Didn't a club member find this out with a an early bronze Coupe?)

I do like the like the characterful interior of the S6 cars,those wooden door handles are something special!

Cerbera

Post by Cerbera » Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 pm

Dcrosby13 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:01 pm
Aside from the oil leaks the mechanical condition was spot on, the chassis just needs a good going over with a wire wheel and some chassis paint and whilst the interior needs those bits doing it was the paint and cill starting to fail that stopped me buying the car on the spot. Given it deserves a proper respray the paint might as well have been hanging off in my eyes, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay and I definitely did not want to pay £8.5k for a car needing a full respray.
I was also interested in buying the car. Unfortunately I was unable to view it and wrote the seller I would buy based on pictures. Of course I was unaware of the negative points and they were not mentioned either, but I still would buy the car. Now someone has put a deposit and I consider it as sold. Well, that's the name of the game :roll:

Return to “Ebay and other Sales Links”