newly listed on Ebay 6b in Italy

Old ads will stay here for a while before being kicked out forever after 6 months or so.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

upstart8s
RSSOC Member

Post by upstart8s » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi, listed 2 hours ago, 1983 6b in perfect condition? 2 problems for me: it's not automatic and it's 800 miles away near Venice. Owner says it is good to drive home.
Stu (still can't do links)

PeteMac
RSSOC Member

Post by PeteMac » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:21 pm

[color=#0000FF]1987 1800Ti[/color]
(previous 1975 SE5a, 1968 GT)

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Quite a few mistakes in the description.

How can it be "Unrestored" when it`s had a colour change ??. :?:

"Bodywork in excellent condition without cracks, fresh paint" new paint will hide all the bad bits, my last GTC had a £3k alleged full respray and it only took months for the faults to re appear. :w

"Only one with a galvanised chassis", I don`t think so. :roll:

I could get pedantic, but It`s NOT the last and rarest of the Scimitars, that would be the Middlebridge Scimitar, which all had galvanised chassis. :roll:

"One of the few survived without Webasto sunroof", I own 2 SE6b neither with Webasto and I don`t recall seeing one with a Webasto?? :!:

"excellent original interior" what are the screws or holes in the centre armrest near the lid?. :?

No engine bay pictures, why??. :?:

Sorry to be so critical but a lot of inaccuracies in the description. :oops:

See the Beast on youtube under" RELIANT SCIMITAR CONVERSION LOL.,Se5,Se5a, Se6a, Two Se6b`s, GTC, SST 1800Ti & not a lot of sense

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Post by scimjim » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:03 pm

I thought much the same but the road trip would be epic :D

I think a Webasto is quite rare on a 6b - an electric glass sunroof was an option IIRC.

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Yes Jim
Leccy sunroof on one of mine, still never seen a Webasto on one.

See the Beast on youtube under" RELIANT SCIMITAR CONVERSION LOL.,Se5,Se5a, Se6a, Two Se6b`s, GTC, SST 1800Ti & not a lot of sense

ss1steve

Post by ss1steve » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Advertised on car & classic months ago for £9995. :shock:

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Kin ell

Geraint SabreGTCse5
RSSOC Member

Post by Geraint SabreGTCse5 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:01 pm

gtcse8 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:14 pm
Yes Jim
Leccy sunroof on one of mine, still never seen a Webasto on one.
sadly there is a webasto fitted to one of mine .....

you overlooked :D
MOT ran out november 16
excellent original interior, intact seats .... drivers seat has had stitches repaired
Grey? they are faded black ones
Electrics fully working.... ariel clearly doesn't work.

Geraint

Sabre ti, se5, GTC, 6b.......

Better to be late in this life than early in the next!

Laters
RSSOC Member

Post by Laters » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:03 pm

I saw that too and its a nice looking car that's for sure.
Saying that I cant see it reaching anywhere near the £9995 its been on c&c for.

A percentage of the scimitars I have been looking at/asking about have had webasto roofs. Its the first thing I asked as I didnt want a sunroof in my scimitar of any kind.

Paul

Previously owned:- 1969 se5, 1972 se5a.
Currently owned:- 1976 se6 automatic

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Well there you are Geraint, selling point, a very rare 6b. :lol: Yours.
I did wonder about the Ariel, but cannot prove that ALL 6b came with an electric one. :cry:
And those `kin ugly jag mirrors look like puppy dog ears, did those mirrors ever come as manual adjusted?? as the drivers door still has the chrome lever fitted, and the Pass side is clearly fitted on an angle :shock:
It may be a photography anomaly but the rear seats look like Original "crushed velour" but the fronts look like they are "smooth velour" such as fitted to GTC and late 6a. :shock:
The "rubbing strips" are all missing from the waist line, these were a factory fitted "improvement" on all 6b`s.
As are the B post GTE badges. :oops:
Also has "Rusty nuts" and shiny screws holding back bumper in place where they should be black such as the fronts LOL. :wink:
Factory fitted front fog`s missing. :cry:

We could probably go on and on, caveat emptor.

Jimscim
RSSOC Member

Post by Jimscim » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:15 am

Hi , I love threads like this :D :lol: :lol: I have just joined the club and am looking for my first scimitar, I am learning so much from this forum. I looked at this advert and thought what a nice car , I didn’t see any of the points mentioned!! Keep up the good work , Jim

RSSOC 3408 1979/80 Scimitar 6a . Mulberry / white .

dehavillandcomet

Post by dehavillandcomet » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Dear Members,
I'm the owner/advertiser of this Scimitar, I'd just like to clarify some points. I reply to you all guys in one message. Some of the issues you've highlighted have already been sorted, some are fair observations and some are misunderstandings caused by my limited knowledge of English language. Pics published on e-bay have been taken in UK before starting to work on the car. In the specific:

- door mirrors are not original, the manual remote control is disconnected and doesn't work
- front seats trim is original, crushed velour (indeed nylon) as the rear seats
- rubber strips are missing yes, a choice of the former owner when he resprayed the car not to re-fit them. They're ugly, althought correct for originality
- B post GTE badges bought and fitted
- wheel nust replaced, they're very expensive, I think I paid something like £ 140 + VAT for the set
- rear bumper screws now are black
- fog lamps, looking at the books they don't seem to be a standard fitting on the SE6B
- the car has been advertised on Car and Classic by a friend, price asked leaves a negotiation margin
- regarding Webasto or any other full-length sliding sunroof, absence of it was one of my discriminants when I approached purchasing of a Scimitar, apart the potential water leakings, you surely know that in order to install it you need to cut the roll-bar, making the car extremely unsafe in case of a roll-over
- the car is in Italy since 2015, I obtained a fresh MOT before exporting it but coudln't renew it. Anyway, I can obtain a fresh MOT without any problem for an UK buyer
- driver's seat stitches have not been repaired, the velour broke along the stitches showing the white undertrim cloth. All original untouched though
- interior was originally dark grey not black, and it's not faded
- you're right Geraint, aerial is the only electric that doesn't work, or better works partially, it doesn't extend in full despite all my efforts to sort it :-)
- I meant the car has not been fully restored but just resprayed, right with a colour change. Engine bay is still in the original factory Haze Blue
- car has been resprayed in 2014 and there are no signs of cracks, I own a Lotus Elite as well, have enough experience on fibreglass to be able to judge if it's cracks-free
- of course I didn't mean that my car is the only one with galvanized chassis, but that the SE6B is the only Scimitar with galvanized chassis
- the SE6B is the last and rarest of the Reliant Scimitars, I personally consider the Middlebridge as a "continuation" not the real thing, but this of course is just my personal opinion :-)
- screws on the centre console, you're right gtcse8, I searched hard for a replacement console but couldn't find it, if you know one for sale in reasonable conditions I'd be glad to buy and replace it
- engine bay pic, I have one that I can send on request. As said engine bay is fully original in Haze Blue and very tidy. K&N filter is the only non original item here, I hate them but the original air filter box is rare and difficult to obtain
- upstart8s, auto is your own choice, I think most of the members/potential purchasers would prefer a manual overdrive. I'm located 100 km (60 miles) east of Venice, not 800 km

Put down these notes for the benefit of everybody, hope you appreciate the effort :-)
Just like to add that I decided to sell the car because driving around with a right hooker here in Italy is not so pleasant, overtaking, which is something I feel the necessity to do very often driving a Scimitar, is extremely difficult and can be dangerous sometimes.
Proud to be a member of this forum.
Greetings from (supposed to be) sunny Italy,
Daniele

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi Daniele, and welcome to our world.
I hope you did not take offence to ANY of the comments and observations we all made about your sale.
These were merely MY observations for the information of prospective buyers.

We know of One at least this year who purchased a car based upon pictures and a description and upon receiving the car he rejected it outright as it was not as described and photographed.

No personal criticism meant.

Regards Mark, gtcse8

dehavillandcomet

Post by dehavillandcomet » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi Mark,
all your comments are welcome, no offence at all.
Some years ago I purchased an SE5A, I like the shape and the interior more, bought in on e-bay in Germany, the seller sent me some pics of underside, chassis seemed to be intact so I decided not to inspect it. When the car arrived I discovered that outer rails were corroded inside, it was impossible to spot it from the pictures. My coachworker said that he could repair them but it would have been a body-off job, so I decided to re-sell the car (declaring the problem) and to go for an SE6B. I wouldn't sell the car to anybody without prior inspection and test-drive.
Kind regards
Daniele

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:30 pm

A shame you were not on this forum when you had the 5a as you would have found some very good advise on replacing the chassis rails without lifting the body.

I personally use a chassis roller to turn a car through 43 degrees to allow access to the underneath.

I have repaired many many cars in this way and it is a lot easier than it sounds.

I have now purchased a very large guillotine and folder and can fabricate most parts out of zinc plated steel.

BTW good luck with the sale but I think you may just be a little too far for most purchasers.

Return to “Removed For Sale and Ebay”