Ebay Fees, how much ??

Old ads will stay here for a while before being kicked out forever after 6 months or so.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

landowner

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by landowner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 am

Does any one know how much it costs to sell say a £4000 vehicle on ebay?
My computer takes ages to troll through the rules as it's very old, is it basic fees plus a percentage of the end price ? I think they charge for using paypal as well, I was told it's ten per cent but that seems rather a lot

For all your engine requirements http://www.lymmengineparts.co.uk/ The people who know about engines

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by philhoward » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:29 am

I think cars attract a fixed fee (£25/30?) - it’s everything else that has a percentage of the sale price levied.

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

Corky
RSSOC Member

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by Corky » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 am

It depends how you sell it. When I've sold cars on eBay I've used the "Classified Ad" format. It allows you to set a price and accept offers. It also allows you to make contact with buyers outside of eBay and cost about £35 last time I used it. Cheaper than using the eBay "Buy it Now" format too.

Personally I hate selling cars by auction, as the initial cheap price brings out all the dreamers who can't afford it and just waste your time with silly offers and stupid questions. It also means you have to pay eBay a much higher fee when it does sell (quite often at a lower price than you really wanted) !

Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti RG sprint car. VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

AllingtonGT
RSSOC Member

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by AllingtonGT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am

Setting up a classified on eBay is the best method and it's there for 28 days for a single fee.

It's not as obvious as it should be to select the classified option, but it is on there.

landowner

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by landowner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:42 am

Thank you I'll have a look at that. selling my land rover in a few weeks and want to reach the biggest audience for least cost.

For all your engine requirements http://www.lymmengineparts.co.uk/ The people who know about engines

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by philhoward » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 am

If you're not in a hurry, then a Classified Advert has worked for me in the past - you can't argue with the footfall of eBay although others have had good results with carandclassic,co.uk (which also shows eBay listings in its search results). C&C is free, so might be worth a try?

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

landowner

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by landowner » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:09 am

philhoward wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 am
If you're not in a hurry, then a Classified Advert has worked for me in the past - you can't argue with the footfall of eBay although others have had good results with carandclassic,co.uk (which also shows eBay listings in its search results). C&C is free, so might be worth a try?
Made a listing in ebay classified and saved it, stated cost was just over fifteen pounds for twenty eight days so maybe I'll go with that, thanks for the input everyone :D

Jimscim
RSSOC Member

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by Jimscim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:17 am

The last couple of cars I have sold have been on carand Classic . It is free and i have always had a great response ,can’t praise it enough . One important thing to bear in mind is PayPal fees .

RSSOC 3408 1979/80 Scimitar 6a . Mulberry / white .

Corky
RSSOC Member

Ebay Fees, how much ??

Post by Corky » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 am

True, for a car I only accept Cash or BACS. Absolutely no PayPal, as well as the silly fees it can be reversed in some circumstances.

Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti RG sprint car. VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

Return to “Removed For Sale and Ebay”