ONE wolfrace wheel nut

Cars and Parts Wanted

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

Tinker man
RSSOC Member

ONE wolfrace wheel nut

Post by Tinker man » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:36 am

good morning,

its a long shot, but my 6a has a full set of nuts as per the photo's below, complete with snazzy scimitar symbol on them. does anyone know where these would have come from originally? i say full set, but there is one nut that is completely wrong and the wrong size (looks like a dunlop nut).

so i am looking for just one of these. as i say a long shot..... but worth asking. otherwise it will be a plain one from somewhere.

many thanks, Ian.
wolfrace wheel nut 2.jpg
wolfrace wheel nut 2.jpg (95.22 KiB) Viewed 243 times
Wolfrace wheel nut 1.jpg
Wolfrace wheel nut 1.jpg (78.15 KiB) Viewed 243 times

If it is made of nuts and bolts I WILL take it apart..... going back together is a whole different ball game

philhoward
RSSOC Member

ONE wolfrace wheel nut

Post by philhoward » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:37 am

Fair assumption they will have come from Bill Brighton and if you ask him nicely, he may well make you a single one.

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

David Tew
RSSOC Member

ONE wolfrace wheel nut

Post by David Tew » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:45 am

philhoward wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:37 am
Fair assumption they will have come from Bill Brighton and if you ask him nicely, he may well make you a single one.
Almost identical to mine from Bill so he's your man. brightoncc@hotmail.co.uk

That nut looks badly scored. I'd fit them with a little grease on the shank (NOT on the taper!) as the wear could adversely impact both location and tightening-torque (... and use a 6-sided socket). :wink:

1968 Coupe SE4b 3L. Rebuilt on new chassis. 4HA Powr-lok. Anti-tramp mountings. Wider front track. BW T5 gearbox & Pro 5.0 quickshift. Cosworth clutch. Stainless manifolds & exhaust. Stainless tank. Roller rockers. V63 cam. Vulcan stage-2 unleaded heads. 15" Cobras. ....

Tinker man
RSSOC Member

ONE wolfrace wheel nut

Post by Tinker man » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:21 am

thanks Gents,

email sent to Bill... fingers crossed. also thanks for the "nut tips". duly noted. :D

thanks, Ian.

If it is made of nuts and bolts I WILL take it apart..... going back together is a whole different ball game

Return to “Wanted”