5a Thrust bearing

Old ads will stay here for a while before being kicked out forever after 6 months or so.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

rich001

5a Thrust bearing

Post by rich001 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:45 pm

Non mechanical owner needing HELP!!!

I am in desperate need of an EARLY type thrust bearing in good nick, my 72 5a has been at my cousins garage for 10 months he wanted to do some work to fit a new gear box and fit a new clutch but has now realised that the thrust bearing plate is knackered he has tried ordering one from QRG and Graham Walker but has been told they are not producing these. Before he starts welding it up with no guarantees on longevity he asked me to see what can be sourced on the forum. I dont know if i am pumping to much money in to this project, interior is spot on, have new door cards elusive parcel shelf new rear bumber new rear hatch, new brakes all round and hand brake,new down pipes, chasis is fine, new springs, the list goes on but i think my total bill including what i bought the car for is going to be around £5000 :shock: paint work is average with some bad points, original paint though. I didnt have 5 grand spare to buy a decent one straight out so have had to do it this way.....is there light at the end of the tunnel? I love the cars and history etc and i feel its to late to stop now, i just really want to get it on the road and enjoy it, any comments advice always welcome and if anyone has the part i need please do get in touch, money waiting. Cheers fellow scimaritians

72 SE5a

peter freeman
RSSOC Member

5a Thrust bearing

Post by peter freeman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Try Mark Wilson gtcse8@gmail.com

Geraint SabreGTCse5
RSSOC Member

5a Thrust bearing

Post by Geraint SabreGTCse5 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:12 pm

surprised GW has not got any he bought some secondhand ones from me not so long ago, do you have a picture of the one you need? I may have a spare

Geraint

Sabre ti, se5, GTC, 6b.......

Better to be late in this life than early in the next!

rich001

5a Thrust bearing

Post by rich001 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi thanks for the replies it apparently is called a thrust bearing carrier???? I am getting a photo sent to me tomorrow so i will upload in the next couple of days, thanks for the help on this :D

72 SE5a

cannonball
RSSOC Member

5a Thrust bearing

Post by cannonball » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:33 pm

If it's the same as the one in the last photos below then Mark gtcse8 is the man to contact. My car has a bit of an oddball mix and he managed to sort out something for me.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38159

Return to “Removed For Sale and Ebay”