Se5a Brake Servo/Master Cylinder

Cars and Parts Wanted

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

nicktommotomlinson

Post by nicktommotomlinson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi all I am a new boy, so please treat me kindly. I have just got a Se5a 1973 scimitar. It is missing the brake servo and master cylinder I have looked on the internet for new or old but nothing, is there a interchangeable set I can put on ??

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Post by Roger Pennington » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum! :D

The original servo unit was a Girling one, which is now rare and expensive. I believe a lot of people now use a Lockheed unit instead. I can't say exactly which model, as I'm more of an Se6a man myself, but I'm sure someone who knows will be along shortly :)

(Incidentally, I moved your post to the "wanted" section, so it would attract more attention )

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

peter freeman
RSSOC Member

Post by peter freeman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Club traders will be able to provide the lockheed remote servo and master cylinder. The original cylinders are not available now but the traders will have a suitable replacement - if you search for "lockheed remote brake servo" you will find one - 80 odd quid I think.

halfpenny

Post by halfpenny » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Use a Lockheed 1.9:1, which I think is MGB.

nicktommotomlinson

Post by nicktommotomlinson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 am

Thanks for the info. Just started stripping her down hopefully going to do the restoration fully and have the chassis dipped every thing completely out and off the body so looking at a 2 yr project. So hopefully get to know a lot of people on here as I am sure I will need lots of advice. I will start posting photos soon hopefully

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Post by Roger Pennington » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Please feel free to start a project thread in the "Project Progress" section - people like to see photos, and it's good to have a place where you can look back over everything you've done :D

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

Return to “Wanted”