SE6a Exhaust Manifolds

Cars and Parts Wanted

Moderators: erikscimitardemon, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, Terry Rickard

Re: SE6a Exhaust Manifolds

Postby Oldconn » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Because the pipes only just clear the chassis in standard trim, I don't understand how you can raise them. Are you planning to cut away the chassis outriggers? Just a question....... :?:
"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Austin Maxi,Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI
Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Postby Nigel Clark » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Happygilmore wrote:
Nigel Clark wrote:Hi Nathan,

If your old manifolds are the tubular stainless type, I'm potentially interested in buying them. Please could you let me know about condition? When you say they are too low, how far do they hang below the chassis and floor?

If you could take photos before removing them to show 'how low they hang' that would be helpful. No 'double entrendre' intended!

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I can take a picture for you no problem, but you have to remember mine is lowered on coilovers, which is why I need shut. On a standard car they were fine, and drove with no worries, so my picture will not show how they sit on a standard.

They are in good nick - one side looks newer than the other, and I have had wrapped since I have owned. Both 3 to 1 stainless steel.

WIll try and get a picture when I am home, then you will probably need to add just over an inch or more I guess.

Cheers
Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for the quick reply, sounds good to me! Looking forward to seeing the photos. My SE6A is on Gaz adjustable spring platform shocks. I've set a ride height just slightly lower than standard but if I need to put it up to the original height for the exhausts, that's not a problem.

However, without a photo or two I just can't be sure how low these manifolds drop the exhaust.
Nigel Clark
RSSOC Member

Postby briankenyon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:49 am

Nathan, monies received thanks
manifolds in post
Brian
briankenyon
RSSOC Member

Postby Happygilmore » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:56 am

Oldconn wrote:Because the pipes only just clear the chassis in standard trim, I don't understand how you can raise them. Are you planning to cut away the chassis outriggers? Just a question....... :?:

The knuckles of the branch manifolds sit lower that the pipe running to the back, so only talking minimal achievements here, but running a single pipe either side to my backboxes (as have removed front) from the new manifolds will gain me about half an inch I would say.
1979 SE6a
Happygilmore

Postby Happygilmore » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:57 am

briankenyon wrote:Nathan, monies received thanks
manifolds in post
Brian

Cheers Brian :D
1979 SE6a
Happygilmore

Postby Oldconn » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:32 am

Happygilmore wrote:
Oldconn wrote:Because the pipes only just clear the chassis in standard trim, I don't understand how you can raise them. Are you planning to cut away the chassis outriggers? Just a question....... :?:

The knuckles of the branch manifolds sit lower that the pipe running to the back, so only talking minimal achievements here, but running a single pipe either side to my backboxes (as have removed front) from the new manifolds will gain me about half an inch I would say.

Ah, I see , you have the manifolds which converge below the chassis, whereas mine converge above the chassis. Agreed, half an inch makes quite a difference.
"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Austin Maxi,Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI
Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Postby Happygilmore » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi Nigel,

Some pics for you.
Attachments
Clearance2.jpg
Clearance2.jpg (132.9 KiB) Viewed 115 times
1979 SE6a
Happygilmore

Postby scimmy_man » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 pm

the "other type" meet before the bend and pass under the chassis as one pipe.
I've taken a vow of poverty ...... Annoy me by sending me money!!
scimmy_man
RSSOC Member

Postby Nigel Clark » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for the photos. With the collectors for the manifold's primary branches under the chassis, it certainly does reduce ground clearance. Sorry, but there are too many speed bumps round here for me to risk it.

Nigel
Nigel Clark
RSSOC Member

Postby Happygilmore » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Nigel Clark wrote:Hi Nathan,

Thank you for the photos. With the collectors for the manifold's primary branches under the chassis, it certainly does reduce ground clearance. Sorry, but there are too many speed bumps round here for me to risk it.

Nigel

Haha! no worries :D
1979 SE6a
Happygilmore

Previous

Return to Wanted