Restoration of SE6a

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Restoration of SE6a

Post by Roger Pennington » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Welcome, Ray! :)

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

dcw7095

Restoration of SE6a

Post by dcw7095 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:18 am

Ray5576 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:31 pm
Dave, very informative and very well written history of the restoration. i bought this car in August this year, haven't used it much as i'm abroad at the moment.
Cheers Ray.

IMG_20190811_130654077_HDR.jpg
Hello Ray,

I am so pleased to see the car has been bought someone, kept on the road and is going to be used. Just come across your post by accident having looked for the link for this thread to share with another David that has just bought an SE6a restoration project - I have passed on a number of parts to him yesterday and suggested he joins the RSSOC.

I miss my old GTE and have asked Mike Simpson a few times if he had heard anything more of it. As you will surmise the car did throw up its challenges but then again the state it was in originally was such that that was to be expected. I learnt a lot from the process and the help from this forum was invaluable. Many new parts went into it, so I hope it gives you good service. Unfortunately work commitments and too many car projects meant that I had to move it on. It would otherwise have been sat outside.

Hope you have many happy miles.

Dave

Dave Watson
'79 SE6a Auto

"To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster." Stirling Moss

Return to “Project Progress”