Shopping List for a Scimega

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:23 pm

They’re 2 days’ drive when you have to change the clutch half way there... :mrgreen:

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

MikeyBikey
RSSOC Member

Post by MikeyBikey » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Stripped the engine of lots of gubbins.

Waterworks:
Maybe @Phil / Lozz: There's a lot of pipes that seem to go around in circles. Water pipe out from the back of the block that seems to feed everything. I know I need to trim the metal one into a tighter output to stop fouling the bulkhead, but do I really need all those smaller pipes. EG to the throttle bodies ? and a load into the metal bit below the plenium, again at the back of the engine.

Crank case breather:
i've removed that elaborate emissions thing at the back of the engine. Did you just blank the remaining holes orf, and did you have a take off going back into the inlet plenium?

And what are those two identical sensors, one either side of the block, midway along.

Next time I'll take a camera.... :oops:

Is we sideways yet...

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:18 pm

If I remember right it ends up as 2 stubs at the back of the engine which is heater in/out, block off the one half way along the long stainless pipe as it originally goes to the header tank leaving the hose connections to/from the throttle bodies which becomes the small bore pipe to the OE Scim header tank. As for the breather pipes, I left them all original Omega. I think Loz did a bit of carving on his?

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

superleggo

Post by superleggo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Mikey

I think I spotted your car driving through the the Dobwalls roundabout a couple of weeks ago. You are more than welcome to drop in and see my Omega conversion if you are passing by this way again. I think you have got my mobile number. If not PM me and I am happy to advise you
Hugh

fightingtorque

Post by fightingtorque » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:57 am

And what are those two identical sensors, one either side of the block, midway along.
Might be knock sensors? (Guess).
If you are going for an aftermarket ECU, probably won't use them. But if you use original ECU, it will be looking for them.

Return to “Project Progress”