1978 SE6a rolling restoration project - now sold :(

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

MikeT
RSSOC Member

Post by MikeT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Evening all,

Today was a sad day - the car was collected this morning, and delivered to its new owner...

I'd like to thank everyone who's contributed over the last 13 years - I wouldn't have done it without the people on this forum! I'll stick around though, as I still like reading what everyone's up to, and might even have something to contribute - who knows.

Thanks again,

Best wishes,

Mike.

1978 Scimitar SE6a - Project thread

MikeT
RSSOC Member

MikeT's 1978 SE6a - Sold.

Post by MikeT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Evening all,

Just to update this, car was picked up this morning :( .

Mods - As a suggestion... Now i find myself in the situation of selling a car, I think adverts for cars for sale should remain in place, and not be tidied up / deleted after a few months, as it forms part of the history of the car - it may be useful to a prospective owner in the future. merged into project thread

Thanks to all those who have contributed along the way and the kind comments received regarding the sale.

Best wishes,

Mike.

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:44 pm

MikeT wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:08 pm
I'd like to thank everyone who's contributed over the last 13 years
13 years and it`s the 13th today :drum:

Mark Wilson. Garage sale everything must go. :cry: SE5a`s, GTC, SE6b`s, Triumph Daytona, Honda CB750 K7. Also on YouTube :wink: lookup RELIANT SCIMITAR V8 CONVERSION & billy no mates, Single Rat

MikeT
RSSOC Member

Post by MikeT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:53 pm

gtcse8 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:44 pm
MikeT wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:08 pm
I'd like to thank everyone who's contributed over the last 13 years
13 years and it`s the 13th today :drum:
I know Mark, I never realised it was the 13th until I was filling the V5 in :shock:

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:06 pm

Sometimes things like that just don`t compute :wink:

Mark Wilson. Garage sale everything must go. :cry: SE5a`s, GTC, SE6b`s, Triumph Daytona, Honda CB750 K7. Also on YouTube :wink: lookup RELIANT SCIMITAR V8 CONVERSION & billy no mates, Single Rat

*JP*

Post by *JP* » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi Mike,
Do you have another car in mind as the next project?

I too have got the majority of my enjoyment from older cars in solving the problems that come with trying to restore/ improve them,so I can understand your feelings only too well!

All the best,
John.

MikeT
RSSOC Member

Post by MikeT » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:01 am

Hi John,

I've still got the Boxster I bought a couple of years ago, so I'm going to take some time to enjoy the time, money and effort I've put into that for a while. I can only realistically deal with one car at a time, due to space and time constraints.

I'd like a SE5 maybe one day, but I'd also like something small with a V8 in it - no idea what really. I've always wanted to build a Cobra replica, but good kits seem to be mega money these days. I guess the short answer is I've got no idea what the next project might be, lol.

Cheers,

Mike.

*JP*

Post by *JP* » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:06 pm

MikeT wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:01 am
Hi John,

I've still got the Boxster I bought a couple of years ago, so I'm going to take some time to enjoy the time, money and effort I've put into that for a while. I can only realistically deal with one car at a time, due to space and time constraints.

I'd like a SE5 maybe one day, but I'd also like something small with a V8 in it - no idea what really. I've always wanted to build a Cobra replica, but good kits seem to be mega money these days. I guess the short answer is I've got no idea what the next project might be, lol.

Cheers,

Mike.
The obvious answer is some sort of TVR of course!
I have been involved with several over the years and even the good ones are still projects,but they have their good points.For me the Griffith is the one that looks great... and has the V8.

Agreed that you should enjoy some miles in the Boxster,I have just acquired a Cayman which will probably be my last sports car, given my age and state of health...and I certainly won't be doing anything to it myself,given nearly everything engine related has to be tackled from underneath with the car on a lift.

Take Care,
John.

MikeT
RSSOC Member

Post by MikeT » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:06 am

*JP* wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:06 pm
The obvious answer is some sort of TVR of course!
Funny you say that John, as I was typing it, the TVR idea popped into my head. I don't know much about them, but I love the look of the Cerbera, but I remember sitting in one at the Birmingham Motor Show back in maybe '96 and being blown away by the interior. I also had a passenger ride in a Griffith as part of the Sporting Bears thing - that was fun! I thought the quiet old fella driving it was going to pootle around the car park quite sedately - he scared the pants off me on the roads surrounding the NEC!!

The chap I bought the Scimitar from also had a cracker of a Cerbera for many years - quite well known locally, so maybe it's meant to be... we'll see.

I love the look of the Cayman, and they're getting quite affordable these days - I do like having the roof down on a good summer day (I think we had one last year). The Boxster is hard enough to get to the engine on - the Cayman must be a nightmare.

Cheers,

Mike.

Return to “Project Progress”