New purchase Se5

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

New purchase Se5

Post by Roger Pennington » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi, I spotted your car on the Sporting Bears stand, but you weren't with it - not surprising really, as I wasn't with mine either! There's so much to see that you always tend to spend quite a lot of time "out and about". I didn't realise you were on Woodlands, until you overtook me on the tractor shuttle on Sunday morning!

While it obviously could have been better, I didn't actually think the weather was *too* bad, I've been photographing motor racing since the mid '60s, and know that you need to prepare for anything in this country. :) It was only really wet on Saturday, and then mainly in the morning (it did unfortunately spoil Simon Drabble's race in the Sabre, though.)

Anyway here's a couple of shots of your car:

RSSOC Silverstone 2019  -00046.jpg
RSSOC Silverstone 2019 -00046.jpg (274.72 KiB) Viewed 368 times

RSSOC Silverstone 2019  -00048.jpg
RSSOC Silverstone 2019 -00048.jpg (204.87 KiB) Viewed 368 times

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

Stupopt1

New purchase Se5

Post by Stupopt1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi Roger
thanks for the photos,
yes I did enjoy the weekend very much, it was good to see a lot of Reliants at one show.
I'll definitely be going again. At least the rain made for entertaining racing.
the Woodlands campsite is quite a monster, so difficult to find anyone, if the weather had been better I would have had a walk around the campsite.

Scimitar Se5
Spitfire Mk4

Return to “Project Progress”