Body back on...Woo! (SE6A in Hants)

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward

DarrylWebb

Re: Body back on...Woo! (SE6A in Hants)

Post by DarrylWebb » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:12 pm

Good stuff. I've not been checking other folks' threads of late. It's good to see solid progress on this.

Scimega: Project X30XE Pro-Touring Scimitar

jond

Post by jond » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Fantastic work there :D

PlasticMan

Post by PlasticMan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks Will, Mikey, Darryl and Jond, always good to get some feedback!

I have now taken delivery of a replacement front hub (for were one of the stud hole has enlarged on the drivers side and is now useless) and a stack of door bolts and nuts, to go with the body bolts that I have....Some were in the house! Basically I'm dead keen to get back on it. Having said that there will be a slight delay as I have to visit the outlaws out this weekend. Fingers crossed for good weather on the next one.

PlasticMan

Body back on...Woo! (SE6A in Hants)

Post by PlasticMan » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:37 pm

1577117050834.jpg
1577117050834.jpg (235.41 KiB) Viewed 162 times
It's been about 4 years so probably time for an update? This is possibly the slowest and most lax project out there. I think my obsession with running old bangers as everyday cars (I end up kicking the Scimitar out of the garage so I could fix the daily). Also I lost a chunk of this summer because I was busy trying to master riding and working on a motorbike... Yep got all the excuses lined up.

Anyway it's nearly ready for an MOT but then bloody Christmas turned up! But is is almost there, all i have left to do is adjust the handbrake, possibly 're bleed the brakes, make a final decision on plumbing the air hoses for the heater, re fit the glove box and try and do something with the seal around the hatch. When you start it up and reverse it you can a massive hit of exhaust fumes..... Far out man!!!

I have to confess it came out of the garage this time so I could glue part of the roof of my MX5.....

Return to “Project Progress”