ANG - A long-term Project

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Barrie James
RSSOC Member

Re: ANG - A long-term Project

Post by Barrie James » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Scimher wrote:.... Once you see 'ANG' with a new coat of paint I'm sure you'll both feel rejuvenated..........
Thanks for the support, I must admit that recently having given ANG a full clean, the first for some time, I'm feeling quite optimistic about things. So optimistic in fact that another Scim is joining the 6a, I'm collecting the Green SS1 which was on the 'bay a couple of weeks ago. Another car to run a Thread for, it's a sort of birthday present to myself - I was born on Trafalgar Day, I've always been thankful they didn't name me Horatio!

Barrie.
2000 MGF Wedgwood SE
2002 Peugeot Partner 1400
RSSOC 2778

Barrie James
RSSOC Member

Post by Barrie James » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:51 pm

It seems ages since I last posted. ANG didn't get fettled to do the wedding, a relative of my now daughter-in-law offered his Bentley Continental, no contest really. So ANG continued to sit on the drive looking rather neglected.

I've decided to bite the bullet, at last, and offer the car for sale. The interior and the other bits are as they appear in this thread, but the paintwork is very poor, especially on the roof. Complete QRG Stainless Exhaust, re-built Starter, with new armature, but there is something amiss with the wiring as the starter now refuses to actuate, though it worked well last summer. Spares include, set of Stainless Water Pipes, Stainless Fuel Tank, Auto Gearbox, Tailgate, Carburettor, a set of Black Silicon hoses and a full set of Superflex Suspension bushes. I'm looking for £950, the car is on the Isle of Wight.

Barrie.
2000 MGF Wedgwood SE
RSSOC 2778

Barrie James
RSSOC Member

Post by Barrie James » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:38 pm

I recently had a chat with the chap who runs our local garage workshop. He's going to give me a hand to fix the starting problem and, as he's MOT qualified, he'll give the car a once over to see if there's any chance of passing the test. I'll keep you posted with any progress.

Barrie.
2000 MGF Wedgwood SE
RSSOC 2778

Scimher

Post by Scimher » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:00 am

...Sounds promising, Barrie...

Return to “Project Progress”