Ripon classic car show, Sunday 23 April 2017

Notices, Comments, Reviews etc.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

pauluspaolo

Ripon classic car show, Sunday 23 April 2017

Post by pauluspaolo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:38 am

Hi all,
I visited the above event yesterday - beautiful weather helped set the tone of an enjoyable couple of hours mooching through a field full of classic (& some not so classic in my view) cars. There was even a semi-respectable autojumble (which hasn't always been the case when I've gone in previous years).

I went in the SS1 which I'm happy to say never missed a beat :)

A very mixed bag of cars were present with everything from Aston's to Cortina's present along with numerous other classics, American (most of which leave me cold I'm afraid), kit cars & custom cars. Not a bad day out at all - the weather certainly helped :)

Mg Metro (immaculate) & Jensen side by side

Only GTE I saw - very clean it was too

First time I've seen one of these in aeons - very nice it was as well (my SS1 can be seen just behind it)

Powered by a blacktop Zetec

The other Reliant I saw - some sort of motorhome - looked quite nice inside & owner said it got more looks than any other car he's ever had :)

Immaculate Opel Manta - I've always liked these

A Vespa of some sort - tiny as a tiny thing (the Austin A35 parked next to it dwarfed it)

Sunbeam Alpine - I liked this a lot - something about the colour & contrasting hardtop - very nice indeed

That's just a fraction of what there was to see - all in all a good day out & a date to remember for next year :)

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Re: Ripon classic car show, Sunday 23 April 2017

Post by philhoward » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 am

The Reliant Motorhome is a Tandy Camper - Fox based.

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1's - 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5
SE5a Barn Find Project 24 Valve conversion
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

pauluspaolo

Re: Ripon classic car show, Sunday 23 April 2017

Post by pauluspaolo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:48 am

My friend used to own a Fox based van. He had all sorts of problems with it & I don't think he remembers it with a great amount of fondness :( I think it was this car he bought a spare gearbox for, was told it was reconditioned so fitted it without checking. The car soon ground to a halt with a gearbox related issue & when he opened up the gearbox he found that it was full of sawdust! Not sure what happened to the car after that (he certainly doesn't own it any more)! He has a thing for Proton's now but given the amount of time he spends working on them I'm not sure if that's a step up from the Fox or not!!! :)

Return to “Car Shows”