Merchandise postage

For any general chat and banter.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Jimscim
RSSOC Member

Merchandise postage

Post by Jimscim » Fri May 25, 2018 10:04 am

I recently purchased from the merchandise department, I received excellent service and the quality of the sweatshirt and polo shirt was very good indeed. My query is with the Postage . I know postage has got to be paid for and I also have no problem with a packaging cost but a set price on all items soon mounts up ,for example 1 sweatshirt £3.20 , 4 sweatshirts £ 12.80 add in 2 polo shirts and you would pay £ 18.80 Postage which seems a tad excessive. This is not a complaint just an item for discussion.

RSSOC 3408 1979/80 Scimitar 6a . Mulberry / white .

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Merchandise postage

Post by philhoward » Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 am

I suspect that's the limitations with an online store - postage costs aren't always easy to calculate on a multiple item order as the options on how your order could be sent are almost infinite. A quick email to the Merchandise team may have resulted in a better postage cost? I know sometimes multiples are actually cheaper to send individually, but conversely sometimes you can send 4 of an item for the same cost as one BUT as each case would have to be on individual merit, there isn't a "one size fits all" postage solution.

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

Dave 6726
RSSOC Member

Merchandise postage

Post by Dave 6726 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:08 am

I guess there would be some variation for the packing, because of time and amount of material used, but surely the postage costs are simply down to size and weight?

Return to “Non-Technical Discussion”