Want to buy 'This' Scimitar GTE

For any general chat and banter.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

alan8086

Post by alan8086 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi all - my first post - Thankyou for all and any responses :)

I have owned two reliant Scimitar GTEs in the distant past (20 odd years ago) I am on the lookout for my 3rd as I am somewhat obsessed.

I've seen a Black 1984 GTE with the 2.8 Cologne engine and Auto box on eBay. Its starting at £2000 - has 10 months MOT. I cant understand why no one has bid on it. All the other decent lookers with an MOT seem to get bids. What am I missing with this one?

The auction is about to expire but here is the link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/reliant-scim ... %7Ciid%3A1

Its a bit of a moot point at the moment as the bonus I thought I was getting at work turned out to be much smaller than I'd hoped! Oh, well - keep saving a bit longer. I have about £1200 towards one so far :)

Thought I would ask for opinions as a learning exercise really - do people like the 2.8 Cologne engine less than the Essex? I've only experienced the Essex myself.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Post by Oldconn » Fri May 04, 2018 7:35 pm

It's been discussed on the FB page, but I think you know that. The "hesitation" point seems to be that the present owner has only had it for a short time. Can't say a lot without seeing it. Personally I would never bid on a car I haven't seen.

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

Ian Lock

Post by Ian Lock » Fri May 04, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi read my past posts about this GTE that I bought 2 months ago and set straight back to the dealer . It misfired , speedo dosen't work , gearbox is knackered,number plate , is illegal with no space between 2 & 0 never mind about the stuff on the inside of all the windows , & how it got a MOT . And a lot more that's why no bidders . Anyway I better stop now before I get tons of abuse & s@@t thrown at me by others on here for telling the truth & being honest.

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Ian you do right to express your opinion on this car as you have the only opinion to give, other than the previous owner IF he is on here.

At least you had the Balls to take on the dealer and return the car.

Mark

See the Beast on youtube under" RELIANT SCIMITAR CONVERSION LOL.,Se5,Se5a, Se6a, Two Se6b`s, GTC, SST 1800Ti & not a lot of sense

RonH
RSSOC Member

Post by RonH » Fri May 04, 2018 8:38 pm

alan8086 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:08 pm
Hi all - my first post - Thankyou for all and any response
Its a bit of a moot point at the moment as the bonus I thought I was getting at work turned out to be much smaller than I'd hoped!
The world has conspired to help you. (The Alchemist)
Oh, well - keep saving a bit longer. I have about £1200 towards one so far.
Keep looking and keep saving.
do people like the 2.8 Cologne engine less than the Essex?
Nope I have 3 GTC’S and only my wife stops me having more. :D

Thanks for your thoughts
You are welcome. :D
RonH

Return to “Non-Technical Discussion”