Does anyone know anything about se5a TIL2921

For any general chat and banter.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Laters
RSSOC Member

Post by Laters » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:22 pm

In my communication with the current owner he appears to be a ok guy who bought the car as it is.
He has answered pretty much every question I have asked him & sent photos of everything I have asked for.
He has said that the least he wants is £1500 for it which in my opinion is quite a lot considering the short mot and running issue (or should I say non running).
That's not taking the 1970 se5a thing into account as that's a whole new ball game.

I asked on the forum about the car as there was something that just didn't seem right & at the price he is asking for the car didn't want to take any risks I didn't need to.
I should have realised it was too early for a 5a but the non age related plate threw me.

Thanks for the offer gtcse8 the car I am looking for has to be a automatic (my other half has a auto only licence) plus I prefer to drive a auto these days too.

Fingers crossed I might have just found what I am looking for, double fingers crossed we can sort out a deal :D

Paul

Previously owned:- 1969 se5, 1972 se5a.
Currently owned:- 1976 se6 automatic

DarrylWebb

Post by DarrylWebb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:31 pm

philhoward wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:38 pm
For GB registered vehicles, NI registrations are classed as “not age related” as there’s no definite identifier to age (unlike GB suffix, prefix, then mid-numerical registrations)
I did not know that. And you're correct about no definite identifier : I had to look up the exact details as over here we can't even clearly ID the year of registration from the reg.

Scimega: Project X30XE Pro-Touring Scimitar

Return to “Non-Technical Discussion”