What kind of music are you listening to...

For any general chat and banter.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Diabhalta

What kind of music are you listening to...

Post by Diabhalta » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Everything I like but mostly rock-like music. Heavy metal (all kinds of that stuff.. funky/thrash/black/death/viking), hard core, any kind of rock (classic rock, hard rock, alternative/stoner rock, psychedelic rock, blues rock, folk rock), punk, grunge, reggae etc etc. also electronic music (world music, funky breakbeat, dnb, chillout/lounge) and some old school hip hop too.

the list is endless...

1979 SE6a

Friends are like trees

They fall down if you hit them multiple times with an axe

cookieboy
RSSOC Member

Re: What kind of music are you listening to...

Post by cookieboy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:51 pm

when im driving i like nice and easy tunes .smooth radio is a excellent example .and bbc radio 2 .i have varied musical tastes as i was a part time dj for over 30 years but i find most radio stations utterly irritating .

I am a glorified binman .washroom service operative !

Diabhalta

Post by Diabhalta » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:54 pm

When I'm driving I sometimes switch to classical music :-) ... I don't like opera though.

1979 SE6a

Friends are like trees

peter freeman
RSSOC Member

Post by peter freeman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Rammstein - lichtspeilhaus is brilliant, Muse, Radiohead, Christina Aguilera, Linkin Park - depends on which car I'm driving and the mood needed for the car.

AJL Electronics
RSSOC Member

Post by AJL Electronics » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:33 pm

cookieboy wrote:when im driving i like nice and easy tunes .smooth radio is a excellent example .and bbc radio 2 .i have varied musical tastes as i was a part time dj for over 30 years but i find most radio stations utterly irritating .
Radio 2 used to be my choice too until they started employing morons as presenters. I tend to be on Classic FM mostly now.

Musical choice depends on mood. Anything from Status Quo to opera. I have multiple playlists on my iPhone so that I can have my favourite of the day.
Persevere with the opera, just like pop music or any other style, there is good and bad. Some opera sets my teeth on edge, other pieces I could listen to forever. Examples being Delibe's Flower Duet and Aria on Air (think BA advert!)

Yes, we can mend your Scimitar!
Order your Scimitar parts any hour of the day at http://www.classicmicrocars.com (member's discounts).

Fancy a holiday in Gael, France? http://www.ianrhu.com

There is no point trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

MickP

Post by MickP » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Muse, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rammstein, Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, Veruca Salt, Black Sabbath... and lots of other stuff, Hole for example and of course AC/DC, but mostly Black Sabbath :lol: .

When driving, Ford Essex V6 8) .

Michael.

1978 SE6a Auto - off the road for TLC (or sale?).
2007 Saab 9-3 Vector Sport 150 TiD
1997 Ducati 900SS - Last carb. model.
Gallery Project
“Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards.” - Aldous Huxley.

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm with you on Opera AJ. I often have no idea what's being sung about, but nothing sends shivers down your spine like a high note from a top soprano or tenor. Andrea Bocelli, Rolando Villazon and of course Pavarotti get a lot of iPod time.

I'm also a fan of Sabbath, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Barclay James Harvest, Yes, Queen, The Pogues, Eva Cassidy, Plan B, The Cranberries, Tony Bennett, Rat Pack, Jacques Loussier, Oasis, Adele, and most pop from the 80's with the exception of anything produced by SA&W....

Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti RG sprint car. VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:54 pm

scimitarcars.org.uk wrote:Plan B.
Saw him at Cannock Chase a couple of weeks ago....cracking!!

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

geoffp67

Post by geoffp67 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 am

see this
http://rotw.org.uk/about
Ive spent some time last week on the build, 2 days there, and will be there for a few days next week getting out.
What sort of music - everything you can think of plus a load more youve never heard of, thats the point.

Diabhalta

Post by Diabhalta » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:09 am

feel free to post some music from youtube...

1979 SE6a

Friends are like trees

Scimher

Post by Scimher » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:19 am

Saw Jacques Loussier at Buxton Opera House, years ago, Steve - brilliant! Usually Rad. 3 in the SE5...unless 'Test Match Special' is on! (I've had her on the road three & a half yrs. & have still to see if the cassette portion of the Ford rad./cassette player works!!!!) Must admit would like to tune into 'Kerrang' radio, but can't seem to get it - my pal often has it on in his workshop. Got a load of recorded Paul Jones 'R&B' shows from Rad.2 that I've collected over the years.....proper R&B like Dr.Feelgood, Nine below Zero, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd etc.....The name seems to have been hijacked by 19yr.old black girls 'shaking their booty', these days - not that I have any problem in watching that!! - as long as you don't bother with the vocals......!!! :twisted:

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 am

For those of you who've never heard of Jacques Loussier, have a look at this clip. If I had a Hamlet cigar I'd be lighting it now..... :lol:

You have to listen to it all to get the Jazz styling as the piece progresses....... As a really crap piano player myself, I really appreciate and just love listening to this guy.

Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti RG sprint car. VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

swoakes
RSSOC Member

Post by swoakes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 am

Don't listen to music half as much as I once did but in the day I would buy an LP every week with the money from my paper round :) I have stacks of vinyl including Genesis, Pink Floyd, Yes, ELP, ELO, Elton John, Phil Collins to name but a few; and many are now duplicated on CD :?

A lot of music these days is manufactured trash but still some quality about including Coldplay and Adele. I particularly like a band called Athlete who surprisingly many people have not heard of. They had a "hit" with a track called Wires a few years ago and have produced some great albums and are excellent live. I came across them when they supported U2 at the City of Manchester Stadium some years ago. More info here if you fancy finding out more details

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlete_(band)

and video below

http://www.athlete.mu/video/

Steve Oakes
SS1 DET Sprint Car

Former cars
SS1 DET Turbo sprint Project
Sabre Ti
SS1 Ti
1971 Yellow 5a
1985 SS1 1600
1978 Green/Silver 6a

"Fail to prepare and you are preparing to fail."
Benjamin Franklin

mikerf

Post by mikerf » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 am

Off to the workshop today to clear a space around the 5a and hopefully start getting her back on the road. Will have Led Zeps Mothership blasting from the Hi fi.

Ian
RSSOC Member

Post by Ian » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:34 am

With our local show cancelled due to the weather I can only think of the awful Wet,Wet, Wet :evil:

Ian
ScimitarWeb WebMaster
RSSOC 453
1974 SE5a manual and 1985 SS1 1600
If you know what you are doing... you aren't learning anything!

Return to “Non-Technical Discussion”